I have had excellent luck on Ebay. You can always find new gear there as well as used, but remember with new gear it might not have the factory warranty due to it being sold by an unauthorized retailer.

Another great way to find gear deals is during the Spring Garage Sale or whatever they call it at your local dive shop, or even in the used gear section there. For instance, I was able to purchase a Dive Rite Trans-Pak and a set of wings for it in really nice condition for $60!! I also bought two sets of used regulators w/ octos and dive computers off of ebay and I am still using them today (5 years later). I bought a dry suit off ebay and a bunch of wet suits as well. Just be sure to read the description very carefully and ask the seller questions. I usually request them to send me bigger photos with close ups.

If you find an item you like on ebay, you could always post it here and we will give you our opinion.

Oh, wait a second, you live in Florida....check out Craigs List as well, I have found that there is a ton of dive equipment on Florida's Craigs List. You do have to watch out for some folks trying to get too much for old junk there though. AND, I would be really careful buying used cylinders.