Thread: advice for buying my gear

Hybrid View

Country
    USA

Welcome to the SMN Community.

If you are getting trained at a dive shop, ask them to try out in the pool a bunch of different masks. Give them at least 30 minutes each in the pool if you can.....same goes for fins. Some just really rub my feet the wrong way.
    SMN Publisher

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by The Publisher View Post
    Welcome to the SMN Community.

If you are getting trained at a dive shop, ask them to try out in the pool a bunch of different masks. Give them at least 30 minutes each in the pool if you can.....same goes for fins. Some just really rub my feet the wrong way.
    Really good! I have issues with my mask and even more issues with my fins. The thing is, I don't notice that they are hurting me until after I have been diving with them for about 20 minutes or so. Great idea on trying them out for a half hour or so just to make sure.

City
    DUBAI
    Country
    UAE

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    Really good! I have issues with my mask and even more issues with my fins. The thing is, I don't notice that they are hurting me until after I have been diving with them for about 20 minutes or so. Great idea on trying them out for a half hour or so just to make sure.
    this is why i use split fins,.. ok they are no good for surface finning but underwater i think they are great
    “just living my life in the eternal summer “

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by chokdeekap View Post
    this is why i use split fins,.. ok they are no good for surface finning but underwater i think they are great
    Oh, they hurt my feet because they were not wide enough (I have a wide foot and huge dry suit boots).