Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Thal's Dive Stories

Thread: Thal's Dive Stories

Hybrid View

Registered Users
    State
    Suffering from Nitrogen Withdrawal
    Country
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by thalassamania View Post

Besides being 6’2” and a rather muscular 195 lbs., with a strong, clean shaven, cleft chin and thick brown curly hair that fell down to my shoulders, my gear was really gnarly.
    You're Fabio!

J/K

Nice story. Looking forward to be reading more

City
    Country life for me
    State
    HI
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by littleleemur View Post
    You're Fabio!

J/K

Nice story. Looking forward to be reading more
    Naw ... he's shorter, his hair is straight and much longer, and he speaks with a foreign accent.

Country
    USA

Great article Thal! What great gear memories. The good news is the hetero sex is still as safe today as it was back then in spite of what the media misleads.

You have me beat by two years on the certification thing. I too had the revolutionary U.S. divers triple pane mask, and Dacor backpack. I couldn't afford the At-Pac and fiberglass fairing they tried to sell me, nor could I afford the honking ScubaPro regulator or Fenzy horse collar BC, so I settle for a new England Divers branded horse collar BC. But i did something nobody else in the class who bought gear did-I bought it with an added power inflator instead of what everyone else did. Boy was I the cock of the walk with a power inflator.

But what really made my peacock feathers spread was my resistance to buying a ScubaPro wristmount deco computer, because I managed to get the updated version of it from the manufacturer, SOS.

Keep those stories coming, we're glued to our screens!