Thread: ins and outs.

Hybrid View

City
    Phuket
    Country
    Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by Diverdaniel View Post
    i personally find Tech diving very different from sport recreational diving.
    its a compleately different thing in my eyes, during the tech course the diver is transformed in to a real diver.
    In my opinion, this is pure arrogance.

Yes, tech training is rigourous. But the challenges of tech diving demand more rigour in relation to dive planning and execution.

This does not mean that recreational divers are not 'real divers', however! That is like saying that people who drive cars but who have not taken a Tactical Driving Course (to avoid terrorists or kidnappers) is not a 'real' motorist.

City
    Eilat
    Country
    Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Quero View Post
    In my opinion, this is pure arrogance.

Yes, tech training is rigourous. But the challenges of tech diving demand more rigour in relation to dive planning and execution.

This does not mean that recreational divers are not 'real divers', however! That is like saying that people who drive cars but who have not taken a Tactical Driving Course (to avoid terrorists or kidnappers) is not a 'real' motorist.
    please accept my apologies, no arrogance was meant here. let me rephrase please.
    a much better safer divers.
    and, there are a number of things that make a diver, in my opinion anyway:
    1. training
    2. equipment
    3. experiance
    4. knowlage
    5. (i think this should be ontop though) Responsibility.

im sorry that sounded arrogant. pls accept my apologies.
    and thanks phrenicnerve, though i shouldnt think any topic is too black and white.
    i was just voicing my thoughts and concernes while looking at the dive industry in my area. i dont like what i see someitmes. I see nothing wrong with being a holiday diver, except the fact that after more than 6 months, alot of the "holiday divers" i see hardly remember how to put equipment together. let alone bouyancy, hand signals and the dangers. Though i Must say that there are many exceptions in this term.
    Zero
    ah, yes, but what Is tech diving.
    oh, it can be like you said, digging in 10m of water, welding, u/w construction, deep/ or not so deep decompression dives.
    i think tech diving is getting in the water with a certain goal, with backup incase of emergancy.
    heck, there is Recreational deccompression, all in the eyes of the beholder i guess.
    in my TSD+ERD ANDI courses i learnt that technical diving was Mission diving...
    i think anyone has an opinion.
    Seasnake mate, i guess, we all have a different definition to tech diving, including dive orgenisations

sorry for the tone back there gang.

Registered Users

Smile

When you look at how far diving has come in so short a time span...all diving is technical. Every dive we do is a deco dive. For the most part aside from 'payed' commercial/scientific/military and a few other areas of diving... what we all think as technical diving is better termed 'recreational technical' diving....we do it as a sport and recreation, regardless if its cave/penetration wreck or deep o/w. All rec. technical divers started at the beginning in an o/w type course. The really important thing for divers to remember is that we are all scuba divers.

City
    Eilat
    Country
    Israel

Quote Originally Posted by texdiveguy View Post
    The really important thing for divers to remember is that we are all scuba divers.
    quite right.

and Seasnake, diveshops are not always nice unfortunately.
    some misstreat their instructors like i wouldnt even like to talk about and some are great. but hey, instructors are "10-a-penny" all over the world, right ?