Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Why can't I dive twice on the same tank?

City
    Sydney
    State
    Nova Scotia
    Country
    Canada

I wear my doubles mainly because I need the practice in them!! Shallow dive or not! Plus I don't have a single tank wing, but the smurf is going to hook me up there ...

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    It is very easy to move a BC and reg, but to change over from a single cylinder to a double cylinder is a major change that usually requires tools and adaptors. Plus you will need an additional cylinder or a replacement valve and someone to inspect and fill your cylinder.
    I guess we are pretty spoiled here in Anilao. After doing doubles with 2 side mounts. We return to the resort eat and rest, by the time we are ready to go back in the water, our twins and deco bottles are topped off and ready to go. No need to remove the bladder from the twins.

But I agree having to move your bladder to another twin tank setup is a pain!

Doing two tech dives in a single day is really tiring.

Alison, a female friend who is 5'3 manages her twin tank setup quite nicely! And she is so slim.

City
    London
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by allisonfinch View Post
    QUOTE=bottlefish;8924]Hmm, re-educate, or find a new dive team :-)

Getting out of the water for doubles? Ah, well that sort of divings not for women really, they're too weak and fragile... OK, that was in bad taste (sorry!).

Whew! I don't trust myself to reply to this!
    Just thought I should clarify, my comment was totally tongue in cheek, not at all serious and totally opposite to my true opinion; just a gentle reference to another post by LittleLemur, "Why are scuba chix ridiculed/not taken seriously by guys" that was running at the same time

http://www.scubamagazine.net/showthr...?t=1289&page=2

Apologies for any elevated blood pressures caused

Re the original question, how much money would be returned if the dive centre/boat in question refunded you for that second air fill and tank hire, or put another way, how much would they charge you if you rocked up with your own tanks? Surely you're only talking about a couple dollars for the fill, the majority of the money paid goes towards the space on the boat, and the cost of running the boat?
    Last edited by bottlefish; 12-31-2007 at 12:09 PM.

City
    Ft. Lauderdale
    State
    FL
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by littleleemur View Post
    So I'm fuming about the fact that someone is suggesting that I have to carry all that air to literally be an air-wetnurse for a bunch of potential idiots.
    So tell us how you really feel about this; don't be shy and hold back...
    ASW

"Don't believe everything you think"

Country
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by seasnake View Post
    I wear my doubles mainly because I need the practice in them!! Shallow dive or not! Plus I don't have a single tank wing, but the smurf is going to hook me up there ...

first I gotta teach you how to use the doubles

Registered Users
    State
    Suffering from Nitrogen Withdrawal
    Country
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbeach View Post
    So tell us how you really feel about this; don't be shy and hold back...
    I'm sure what I'd like to *really* say would be censored

I never deny air to anyone or yell at them later for coming to me underwater; I'm just glad that I was there when they needed it and so avoided the unthinkable. Just the attitude that annoys me. Plus the additional comments on how they saved $ on air b/c they could always use mine! Once or twice is funny, more & it gets old. In that light, it seems fair that fills should be charged on what you need.

& the Charter operator isn't always the one who does the fills. I'm happy to tip the Charter guys
    Last edited by littleleemur; 01-03-2008 at 02:46 AM.

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

First, you are talking about diving in a overhead environment! You should always have a topped off tank and should never dive a tank smaller than your buddy! In Cave Diving that can get both of you killed! When you are in an overhead situation you have to think of your buddy team as one unit. You have to carry enough air to get both of you to safety! It is the rule of thirds! And you are going in a third down to start! If your Caribbean diving in open water I could care less! But if your doing a 63cft in wreck dives you won't be my buddy or I wouldn't let you in the water on my boat! Take a wreck course or a cave course! You can't make more are at 80ft! For Some people a 63cft is a bailout bottle! you can always dive a bigger tank than your buddy but never smaller!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Registered Users

Default Bigger is smaller

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post
    First, you are talking about diving in a overhead environment! You should always have a topped off tank and should never dive a tank smaller than your buddy! In Cave Diving that can get both of you killed! When you are in an overhead situation you have to think of your buddy team as one unit. You have to carry enough air to get both of you to safety! It is the rule of thirds! And you are going in a third down to start! If your Caribbean diving in open water I could care less! But if your doing a 63cft in wreck dives you won't be my buddy or I wouldn't let you in the water on my boat! Take a wreck course or a cave course! You can't make more are at 80ft! For Some people a 63cft is a bailout bottle! you can always dive a bigger tank than your buddy but never smaller!
    Well, if you dive with a bigger tank than your buddy, than your buddy is diving a smaller tank then their buddy, and you never dive on a smaller tank than your buddy... lol... Just messin with ya...
    Lars

Explore, understand, protect
    "Let's go Diving"

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

I am only talking about overhead environments on days that end in "Y"! Otherwise go for it!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

City
    Sydney
    State
    Nova Scotia
    Country
    Canada

Wow ... that is a LOT of exclamation points!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast