I spent over 30 years in jet fins. I now only use Scuba Pro Twin Speed fins. After trying several split fins, I found that the floppier fins (apollo) didn't give me the maneuvering power I needed. The Twin Speed is very stiff. I find it superior in almost every way. I rarely flutter kick but use mostly frog. The stiifer splits do very well

Not good in current?? BULL! In PNG I dive vicious currents. Once, when we needed to put a clip in the mooring line for an overnight stay, one of the boat's divemasters and I offered to do it. The mooring line was in the middle of the top on a seamount. The current was ripping. We had to swim from the lee of the bommie up and over the top to the line. The divemaster was a third of my age and wearing LONG paddle fins. I was wearing my splits. We had to PUSH to get to the line. I not only beat him to the mooring, I was not breathing nearly as hard.

So before you naysay to splits, spend enough time to learn how to use them. There is a learning curve to using them.