Ok, I have done a tad of editing of a few posts to ensure we're all having a group hug, lol.

I have the 3mm Henderson hyperstretch and the 3 and 5mm Pinnacle merino elastiprene or whatever they call it, lol.

All of these have worked great for me, they are all comfortable. The Pinnacles have leg zippers which I would be happy to do without although they don't cause any problems.

After several years of use, the stitching on the Pinnacles has started to unravel at the ends. Just tack it down with a drop of Aquaseal.

The fabric on the arms of the Pinnacle seems to hold up a bit better to surface abrasion.

I don't think you can really go wrong with either suit.

I don't know about the Hendersons, but the Pinnacles are available in quite a range of sizes, where they have stock ones and "short" ones.

Now last year I did try a new Poseidon 5mm "Flexisuit" drysuit. This is unique in that it is relatively thin for a drysuit, but the suit worked really well and was really comfortable.

You can read that full report here

I am amazed you dove a 7mm wetsuit in icy conditions and were fine. I am getting cold just thinking about it in my office behind the desk! I can't see how a 5mm would work in those conditions, but maybe you were a polar bear in a past life, lol

I keep wondering if the 5mm Poseidon Flexisuit drysuit would be the ticket for you. It is not inexpensive compared to a regular stretchy 5mm from Henderson or Pinnacle.