Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Are fuel prices hampering your diving?

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

I will only give it up when we are FREE and Free Market forces are at work! It is called Capitalism and it works!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

City
    London
    Country
    UK

? What on earth are you talking about? First you equate environmenalists to communists, now you bring in capitalism. What's that got to do with climate change, carbon emmisions or wether or not we should do anything about it... except, of course, that the oil companies are very capitalist in their nature and are currently all making record profits... but try as I might, I really can't see how that can be brought into any discussion or debate about the environment.

Perhaps this is some subtle way of actually backing the enviromental movements, by so dogedly harpering on about such ridiculous arguments against it; anyone with half a brain's going to discount the piffle and turn their ear to the more reasoned arguments and theories (facts, what facts?) instead. Very clever Papa, I'm impressed, although perhaps a bit too subtle for many, they may, as you suggested in your earlier post, just decide that you are completely bonkers... not that I'm suggesting that, of course, I'd hate for you to think I was getting personal.

Registered Users

Default testosterone

Boyz will be Boyz...
    Lars

Explore, understand, protect
    "Let's go Diving"

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Can We Please Get Back To The Original Topic!

This Should Not A Political Discussion, But Rather A Basic Question About Diving!

Thank You For Your Understanding

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Quote Originally Posted by bottlefish View Post
    ? What on earth are you talking about? First you equate environmenalists
    to communists, now you bring in capitalism. What's that got to do with climate change, carbon emmisions or wether or not we should do anything about it... except, of course, that the oil companies are very capitalist in their nature and are currently all making record profits... but try as I might, I really can't see how that can be brought into any discussion or debate about the environment.

Perhaps this is some subtle way of actually backing the enviromental movements, by so dogedly harpering on about such ridiculous arguments against it; anyone with half a brain's going to discount the piffle and turn their ear to the more reasoned arguments and theories (facts, what facts?) instead. Very clever Papa, I'm impressed, although perhaps a bit too subtle for many, they may, as you suggested in your earlier post, just decide that you are completely bonkers... not that I'm suggesting that, of course, I'd hate for you to think I was getting personal.
    Since you don't have an argument I would expect more! I don't have to point out THE sp ERRORS so maybe that is a way to show us by code you don't believe all the crap about the oil companies the news media want you to believe? (No personal attack implied of course) Oil Companies have huge expenses and are making record profits because of record demand! They only make about 7% on the investment less than you would want if you owned a business! The American Companies paid more in US taxes than they earn in the US on world wide profits! So you have to know what your talking about before you suggest that there is some world conspiracy to rip off fuel users, it is popular to hate someone or something! Right out of the Communist and environmentalist hand book!

Ace if you don't think this is a part of a discussion on the impact of fuel prices on SCUBA activity then you own an Oil well!

I just got of a Live a board and had to pay a surcharge to fuel the boat! People in China are rioting over the cost of fuel and how do you have this conversation without talking about the cause and solution?

In the meantime the Dumocrats in my state are going to ban balloons! So maybe ignoring the problem is the answer? After all we can blame GWB! It's always his fault, right!

Will gas prices hurt people dive activities? Yes they already are and the above is why and whats wrong!
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    Can We Please Get Back To The Original Topic!

This Should Not A Political Discussion, But Rather A Basic Question About Diving!

Thank You For Your Understanding
    well I guess the answer was NO! Oh well I just started to ignore it and take it with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post
    In the meantime the Dumocrats in my state are going to ban balloons! So maybe ignoring the problem is the answer? After all we can blame GWB! It's always his fault, right!
    There's a reason why the oil companies made record profits and it's because they control the market. We pay what they want, and have no choice. Also the balloon ban isn't banning all balloons it's just the fancy ones that end up in power lines and cause a lot of damage which we pay for in the long run. So what's the problem of getting rid of the balloons? Saving money and the environment, all though the latter might be a problem for someone (oh course not to name names) Finally why can't we blame GWB? The economy has gone to hell in a hand basket over the last 8 yrs! He has one of the LOWEST approval ratings of all time, got us into another pointless never ending war, which has driven up gas prices. So what, maybe GWB hasn't had a little fun behind the desk, at least Clinton didn't tank the economy, if fact he was able to salvage it from GWB's daddy!
    Last edited by hbh2oguard; 06-11-2008 at 04:47 PM. Reason: typo

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

See you must feel better you just towed the party line without any facts! The economy until the news media got a hold of it was the best ever! Period! The Balloon ban is more crap and power outages aren't caused by Mylar Balloons! The control just keeps rolling along and think of all the people who will lose their jobs in a free country, LOL, because a bunch of Dumocrats hate balloons! Please wake up and smell the coffee! Look at the trend, we will be next, unless we support freedom! For all not just the ones we like!

If you think you can drill, refine, and sell oil cheaper do so! It is so Government regulated that Mom & Pop oil operations are gone! To build a refinery in this country takes 10 years and over a billion dollars! Where is that money supposed to come from and ten years is because of the Dumocrats and Enviors!

If you don't think its having a negative effect checkout a simple search:403 Forbidden
    Last edited by Papa Bear; 06-11-2008 at 05:39 PM.

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

I was always hoping to do this but our lack of drilling will not see me or anyone going to Bikini Atoll anytime soon!

'May 28, 2008 ... Bikini Atoll diving business to close in two weeks ... local airline and skyrocketing fuel prices have prompted the closure in two weeks."

Registered Users
    City
    Dallas
    State
    Confusion!
    Country
    USA

Just on the off chance that anyone is still reading this thread, I found the following article which may help those of us who are not as well read understand a little about how the price of oil fluctuates on a global basis. Based on the oil prices referenced, it appears to have been written at the back end of last year.

Anyway, I found it interesting so thought I'd pass it on.

http://www.wtrg.com/prices.htm

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast