Nice, I was just 14 when I got my first certification. I remember it like it was yesterday too. NAUI open water 1 I don't think they even have open water 1 anymore.

Anyway, I remember being the same way. Waiting around for my ride to class hoping we would get there early so I could help to unload the cylinders from the van, while I asked a zillion questions I had about diving. I read the entire book at least once a week before class, and of course aced all of the tests.

Mind you, it was Summer Vacation, my job was only 3 days per week, and I had nothing else to do but hang out with friends and of course we couldn't drive. Plus I was immortal, because I was 14. Now of course I work much harder and MANY more hours now. I don't get a Summer Vacation anymore, well only short ones, but not the entire summer.

oh yea, nowadays, I don't want to lift a scuba cylinder if I don't have to.....but that immortality thing I was talking about earlier was disproved when I was 19 years old and broke my back, but that's another story.

Anyway, it surely does bring back great memories, thanks!