You guys are bringing back memories for me from way back. As an expat who hasn't dived (dove?) in the UK in a lot of years, I am encouraged by these comments. Perhaps I should include a little diving expedition next time I get back to the old country.
As a 16 year old, I knew I was hooked after my first dive, in a creek, in borrowed gear, an ill fitting wet suit and about 8 inches of visibility ...... fantastic, I loved every minute of it!
I was originally trained by BSAC in Chichester and we did a lot of dives off the coast of Selsey and Bognor. Sadly, I am talking pre-BCDs, although Fenzys were around (horse collar type with a pony bottle attached, Fenzy was the manufacturer) but you had to be on the cutting edge to have one of those.
Do people still dive the Mixon Hole or the Mulberry Harbours out there? Also, we spent weekends down in the Weymouth, Portland area. Is HMS Hood still diveable in the harbour entrance there? That was a fun dive, but a little hairy when the current started to pick up.
Ah, the memories come flooding back. Enough of the old fart talk, hook up with someone in the UK and get out and dive.