Thread: Airline Issues

Threaded View

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    If the babies scream for the entire flight, then the baby's owners can pay for everyone else's tickets.
    Ace,
    babies scream and/or cry on a flight as it's the best way for them to equalize their ears. Don't forget the pressure on a plane is akin to the pressure when you dive. As babies can't close their nose and equalize the way that we do when we're diving. The only thing that they do know is to scream (yes, okay, its also a form of getting attention from their parents).

As for airlines - I've travelled Virgin Atlantic (from UK to St Lucia) and they are good - enough legroom in cattle class (i'm 5'9") to be comfortable. The foods pretty decent and the movies are good.

As for British Airways - if you're under 5 foot, they're okay - I flew from UK to Oz on BA and my legs were cramped up like anything - I think I walked up and down the aisle about a dozen times, doing stretching exercises - I should also add that I have knee problems and if i don't move my legs, my knees lock up and then i'm in complete agony for over a week

You guys should try the inter-island flights over here - Liat/Caribbean Star. The planes are DHC's prop, carry about 40 passengers and when you hit a bit of turbulence, the plane rocks (but, IMHO, the pilots do a good job), plus the noise from the engines is deafening, theres no movies and the food (if youre on a flight over an hour) is a muffin and a carton of juice.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that they are naff airlines, its the caribbean equivalent of, say the Greyhound coaches or the No.59 bus, that you just hop on/hop off to get to another island.
    Last edited by lottie; 09-09-2007 at 12:51 PM.
    Lottie