I keep the lights spread quite wide at night, and turn them down from daytime 50 watts to 35 as they are just too bright at night. Doesn't make a difference as far as plankton going ballistic, the lights have a wide beam angle and flood so heavily that a lot of the night diving non-photo crowd like to follow me around as they can turn off their night dive lights. And that is WITH the opaque white diffusers on!

diagram.jpg

I have seen the above Red, really interesting format and camera....looks like a robo-cam......For the $ though I am like the new Sony XDCAM EX full HD cam about the size of my FX1.

sony_xdcam_ex.jpg

Amphibico thinks they can squeeze that slighter shorter and slightly wide camera in their Phenom aluminum extrusion.

Today I have been fiddling with Final Cut Studio before I can get some newbie lessons going.....I took a clip of a juvenile cuttlefish I shot in the Philippines and applied the SmoothCam filter to it......so far it has taken 2 out of the listed 4 hours to process a single 60 second clip......at that rate, processing 2 clips a day could take me half a year! I have to find out what is up with that as that just can't be right.

Zero, Ultralight Control has made a few one-off U/W tripods, but they weren't interested at the time of making another one. I still need to either have made or make a bracket so it can attach to the bottom of my Phenom Discovery Li-Ion lightpack.

I think Annie Crawley who is a member here has a tripod made by UL.

I am going to talk to UL at the Long Beach California Scuba Show next weekend.