Crew that does not dive for the most part useless crew. This is the single biggest problem with California boats. They put crew on that do not dive or they don't let them dive.

I was on the BS once. IMO it is a bit of a scow. It's old, it's wet, I despise a boat that let's wetsuits in the main salon. And let's divers leave thier **** allover the place. The heads smelled badly and were designed for vertically challenged people. The air-fill system was ok but nothing special. The food was ok but if you were diving you missed it. Oh well . I would prefer to just bring my own. The deck set up is crowded and designed for single tank numptys with one tank. I prefer a bit more deck space. The stern gates are small and the ladders suck. I dont like taking my fins off to climb up.

The captain was a nice old guy. Most of the crew with the exception of the obnoxiously and stupidly loud cook at 5 am were pretty good. When a boat load of people are sleeping crew should shut the **** up. The rest of the time they stayed out of the way and were there if you need them. The loud cook redeemed herself when she put her **** on and went divng. That kept her quiet and showed she could dive. The rest of the crew dived as needed and I was pleased to see that.

Oh waking me up for no reason cost her a $20.

I crewed a boat in NY for almost 14 years. I dived on EVERY trip. What's the point of being boat crew if you don't dive?

Crew is there to help you not hold your hand.

Cheers