Thanks, I am.![]()
Then your real gripe is with the training angency pumping out student for the sake of cash over safety. I have no beef if you decide not to help, but no action does nothing to help them from becoming a statistic we don't need. The certifing agency let them down. as a collective group and to keep our sport safe isn't it also our duty to help them. A good Buddy doesn't begin below the surface and end after getting out of the water.If someone has no business being in the water I will NOT help them at all getting in. If they are in trouble in the water it is my job to rescue them, because all ocean lifeguards know you're always on duty. I personally feel that far too many people are certified that have no business being certified, not just basic cert. it goes all the way up to instructors. All you have to do is take classes, you don't have to have any ocean knowledge which if diving from shore in the ocean is critical.
As far as ocean knowledge is concerned how would you propose teaching ocean knowledge?
I could fall into your catagory, because of the nearlly 200 logged dives, and approximately 20 or so non-logged dives (short dives in and around stuff that I decided not to record) it was not until recently that I got to do 5 dives in the ocean.
See where I live fresh water is the norm, would you keep me out your ocean and stay out of my fresh water? (because you would lack the knowledge to deal with fresh water conditions in much the same as I would lack knowledge about salt water)- just a thought




Reply With Quote
