The saga continues! I ask you is this any way to treat the traveling public? So here is her last attempt to explain why she charged our friends after they left! It is so poor!:

Dear Mr. Reed,

Some things need to be clarified. When your trip was quoted to Mr. Wiley it was in USD. We published our rates as being valid for travel for anywhere from 18-24 months. These rates include consideration for currency exchange rate fluctuations. The rates that have been published, not just by KVD but by the many wholesalers who use our product, have been valid when the exchange rate was .699. When your trip was being organized the rate dramatically dropped but not stable. We do not run out and franticly change our published rates until the exchange rates are stable for many months.

What we did for your trip was recalculate the rates. At the time your credit cards were processed the rate had change again. When someone compares the rates you were charged in USD to WBR web site it will never exactly match due to exchange rate fluctuations. Then it depends on the web site you use to get the current exchange rate which is not even what the bank charges.

The above is standard in the travel industry and no impropriety has occurred.

KVD had also raised dive rates last fall to reflect fuel increases and the rates on WBR web site does not reflect this.

Below please find the breakdown for the Bowers account. At the time that transactions occurred we were exchanging USD into FJD. For simplicity I will keep it all in FJD based on WBR web site in an attempt to remedy this issue.

7 night all inclusive without diving $1,381 pp x 2 = $2,762

They paid $3,175.43 on their credit card

A diffidence of $413 due to exchange rate variance at the time the credit card was processed by the bank.

Below is the diving that was provided to the Bowers:

2 x 5 days of 2tank dive @ $197pp/day = $1,970.00

Cynthia- 2Extra 3rd tanks @ $75.00 pp/day = $150.00

Doug 3extra 3rd tank @$75pp/day =$225.00

Total Bill for them $2,345.00 based on our current shop and published rates

After reviewing this account it appears as though the Fiji office had taken the total, thinking it was for 1 diver and doubled it. The actual balance that is owed by the Bowers is $2,345 FJD. I do apologize for this error.

To review then:

WBR rates on their web site for 7/5 dive package is $2,421 pp based on dbl occupancy x 2 = $4,842

$4,842 - $3,175 pd = $1,667 owing.

There is a difference of $678 FJD that takes into consideration the $413 variance from the exchange rate, leaving $265 that remains for the difference in dive rate on WBR web site for packages.

You have yet to address the issue of you being a single and what is clearly stated on both our published rates as well as Wananavu’s web site that all package rates are based on double occupancy.

Both parties had been provided confirmation that clearly stated that the rates presented were for the land portion.

I would also like clarify that I never stated that I have been in Fiji 12 years. I stated that I moved to Fiji in 1998.

Regards

Julie

Julie Trussell
Kai Viti Divers
PO Box 953
Raki Raki
Fiji Islands
+679 669-3600 phone
+679 669-3547 fax

BTW I have been Emailing her that I am posting all these on the Boards and to come here and defend herself! I will post my response to this garbage! Please someone please help me try to understand if I am not getting ripped off?