The drysuit type that is the best is the one you're most happy with. That is hard to tell until you dive with a bunch of different types.

Most drysuit divers have their personal likes and find no reason to change.

I have done extensive diving with the neoprene types as a teen. They work just fine, and tend to insulate on their own without expensive undergarments.

The thin fabric ones, well, most are not stretchy, so they must be baggy, which slows you down a bit, but who is in a rush anyway?

The crushed neoprene ones are heavy, but so is your scuba tank! I did try a so called self donning diagonal across the shoulder zipper style, HATED it compared to the far easier across the shoulder zipper.

Don't get an attached hood, as in the summer if the water is warm just dive without a hood.

For the last 20 years I have been diving with a Viking vulcanized rubber suit and would never go with anything else. I use a non-publicized version that has a stretchy inner tricot nylon liner. Far more comfortable getting in and out. Repairs are REALLY easy and fast, and the suit is lighter than neoprene, dries much faster and does not wind chill from evaporation. Get attached boots, otherwise you may lose a boot. Some swear by DUI gear with separate rock boots. I wonder if they just like the macho name, as there is no way I am climbing over rocks with dive gear on, and it is more gear to lose.

DUI does have a vulcanized rubber drysuit made for them and it has the zip seals which is an interesting feature.

I have done field repairs with latex neck seals using PVC glue and duct tape that worked fine.

Keep ALL drysuits and rubber products away from refrigerators such as a fridge in the garage. The ozone produced by the electric motor will destroy your suit in short order. Trust me on that one!

Neoprene drysuits tend to be the least expensive, vulcanized rubber and crushed neoprene, the most expensive.

Many others here dive dry, so hopefully others will chime in, we LOVE to spend other's $!