CAN2-

You live a lot closer to Lake Rawlings than Dutch. It's in southern Virginia. Rawlings is actually quite awesome for quarry diving. Because of a large zebra mussel population, the water is very clear - 40-60 ft is normal, although it can get stirred up on weekends when there are classes.

The place is full of sunken things...including an airplane that sits mid-water column on a tripod. They just put it in, and I haven't seen it myself yet, but it is said to be very cool.

Most of the quarry is just over 30 ft deep, but there is a large section that drops down to over 60 ft. A couple of sunken hulls down in the shadows at the bottom add just the right amount of creepiness.

It's cold at this time of year...around 50 degrees in the deep section. But it does warm up as the summer goes along.

They have tons of camping, cabin rentals, air fills, and gear rental all on-site.

Also, check out Willow Springs in southern PA. Nice place, lots of sunken toys, camping and air fills. Biggest problem is limited viz - unless green is your favorite color. I've been there a few times and liked it. Ace practically lives there and can tell you a lot more about it.

Mountain Dog