Here's a slightly different take on the Henderson Hyperstretch. I have four wetsuits - Bare, Pinnacle, O'Neill, and a Henderson Hyper. Each of these suits has at least a few dozen dives to it's credit. The one that looks the most worn is the Henderson. The outer material is pilling up quite a bit and the edging on the cuffs is fraying. The other suits still look off-the-rack new.

Also, because of the super-stretchy nature of the suit, it compresses at depth more than less elastic suits. The lost insulating quality is noticeable, particularly on deeper dives.

That said, the suit does have it's place in my arsenal of dive gear. For warm shallow waters, it's a comfy suit that is easy to get on and off. But given the relatively high cost, I don't think it's the first suit someone should buy.

I don't have an Akona, but I have dive buddies who do, and they are happy. My personal favorite is my Bare. For about $150 bucks I have a suit that wears like steel, and fits like a second skin because of the wide assortment of sizes that Bare offers.

Mountain Dog