Quote Originally Posted by Like2dive View Post
I'm not an expert on this. My wife & I just switched over to Steel Tanks 2 months ago. I wish I had switched sooner. ......... I now dive with only 4 lbs instead of 12 lbs and I do not go buoyant and the end of my dive. Pamela has shed all her weights. .................
and the higher capacity in the smaller package has made our diving experience much more satisfying.

Steel cylinders are great, but aluminum do have their place as well. After using some steel cylinders on vacation, I have to agree with you 100% on how much of a difference they actually do make. The additional air you get really increases your margin of safety as well, giving you enough air to get to your no-deco limit with a nice amount to spare.

The one thing I would warn is about your wife loosing all of her weight. Remember you should have enough ditchable weight that in an emergency situation she could drop it if necessary.

The only reason I still dive aluminum cylinders is because I own 9 of them right now and don't really want/have to spend the money it would take to replace them all.