Quote Originally Posted by Like2dive View Post
How about this: Your moored up on the wreck there are 9 big white mooring balls - you are geared up - siting on the back of your boat - Ready for entry - You look up and what do you see??? A Boat full of Cubans ( at leat 10 of them on a 20 footer! ) pulling up to the very closest ball next to you - Then all at once they start casting their fishing lines with big bright silver hooks all over and within 15 feet of your entry point. This happens all the time here and it creeps me out.

Don't they know what a dive flag is?

Funny short story:

When I was 14 or 15 years old I was on a dive boat off the coast of NJ. We were doing our SI waiting for our 2nd dive when a large sportfishing boat started heading right towards us. We had divers in the water and dive flags up. They obviously wanted to fish the wreck we were diving on. Our captain tried to reach them on the VHF, but they did not respond or were on a different channel. He then blasted the boat horn a few times, but they did not respond to that. What I saw next I really did not expect.

The captain went below deck and came back up with an AK-47 (it may have been something different, but I am pretty sure it was). He fired about 7 shots in the air (sort of in the direction of the boat heading towards us). Well, guess what, the other boat responded within seconds by making a complete U-Turn and slamming down on the throttle! I don't know the legal issues of something like this, but it definately worked!