Hello!
I am just getting into underwater video and will be taking a new video rig to the Philippines for the first time:

- Light & Motion Stingray housing
- Light & Motion Sunray 2000 lights
- Sony HDR-SR-11 camera
- Fathom WP-25 wide angle port

I purchased the "travel kit", which includes a fitted Pelican 1520 case, but clearly L&M intended that case for the smaller Sunray 1000 light system, since the 2000s and batteries won't fit.

So that means fitting the whole thing into a Pelican 1600, which will have to be checked in. My question: Do you all typically just pack stuff into the case and check it in? Or does it make sense to maybe carry some of the smaller more valuable components in your carry-on bag (for example, the lights).

And for those of you who travel to the Philippines, what has been your experience? Should I be worried about theft en route? I will insure everything through DAN, but that doesn't help you when you arrive at your destination and find that your gear didn't make it.

Next question is regulators. In the past, my family and I have hand carried ours, but this time we are thinking of checking them in as well. Is this advisable or not?

We are traveling Seattle -> Taipei -> Manila -> Cebu.

Thanks for any insight!

--Jim