I’ve never been one to complain about a company that I have done business with. If I don’t like their service, then I refuse to use them again and I close my account. However, with what I went through with Scuba.com, I have to share my story and strongly recommend that you look elsewhere before purchasing any equipment or accessories with them.

It all started on Christmas Day when I used Christmas money that I had received from my family and placed an order with Scuba.com. I found an Akona travel bag that I really wanted, not to mention several other items, including a new mask. I was glad to see that there was a 5% discount on all the items that I ordered AND if I was patient, I would get free shipping on my order.

All started out according to plan…on January 2nd, Scuba.com shipped my order via FedEx ground. Everyday, I tracked my order on line using that neat little tracking program that FedEx has. A week later, on January 9th, I saw that my much anticipated package was on the FedEx truck for delivery. I waited all day like a kid waiting for his Christmas presents, but after several hours I started to get concerned. I checked the tracking website again and sadly, FedEx posted that my package was being shipped back to sender (i.e. Scuba.com) due to damage obtained during shipping. Of course I was disappointed, but being a big boy I knew that things like this occurred. So I contacted Scuba.com and let them know my package was being shipped back and they said as soon as they received the package, they would immediately ship it out. In fact, they originally stated that they would ship it express, so I would get my package sooner.

The damaged package was returned to Scuba.com on January 16th. Once it arrived, I went on-line to check my order. Much to my surprise, I found that Scuba.com had changed their member’s discount from 5% to 10%. Also, while I was waiting on my package, I found that Scuba.com does price matching. So, like a well-trained husband, I started searching for my Akona travel bag on other websites and found it for $30.00 cheaper on Leisurepro.com. SWEET! I spoke with the folks at Scuba.com and asked them for the 10% discount for members and the price match for my travel bag. They said they would be glad to do that for me, so they processed my damaged package as a return and then created a new order for my discount and price match. This is where much confusion and frustration really set in.

Once I placed the new order (for the exact same equipment) the total price came out to be $2.00 more than the order I had just returned (i.e. the damaged package). For some weird reason, they charged me $30.00 for shipping. So I spoke with them and they said they made a mistake and they would take the $30.00 off my order. I also found out that they had already charged my credit card, but the shipment had not even been pulled from the shelf, much less shipped. ISN’T THAT ILLEGAL? They also said that they would be shipping my order the next day and I was assured my order would be arrive by January 30th. On the website, the default date said February 6th, but I was again assured that my order would be here much earlier than February 6th. I was very glad to hear that, because I have a tripped planned for the Florida Keys on February 9th.

A couple of more days go by and I was trying to be patient, but as I checked the status daily, my on-line order stated, “Items pulled for shipping”. However, the package was not shipping. So, I called back again and found out that the Genesis mask that I had ordered was out of stock. They told me at that time, the mask would be in by January 25th and would be shipped that same day. Yeah right….

So I waited another day and still my order had not shipped. So, on Saturday, January 26th I called again. This time they told me that my package had not shipped because my mask was not in yet. The guy on the phone told me the mask would be in stock, added to my order, and shipped on Monday (today).

As soon as I got home from work this evening, I checked my order on-line and was not surprised to find that it had not shipped. Needless to say I was frustrated, mad, and worried that I would not get my order until after I left for Florida. So, I called again.
This time, the guy on the phone told me my mask was not in and would not be in until Monday, February 4th. Then I asked them why the didn’t remove the extra $30.00 from my order and he told me that due to price matching my bag with Leisurepro.com, there was no free shipping with my order. Another Lie!

Needless to say, I immediately cancelled my order. All that the guy on the other end of the phone said was, “No problem, sir”.

What a bunch of Jerks! I will never order anything from Scuba.com again. If anyone out there is looking for a decent company to order their gear from, with halfway decent customer service, Scuba.com is NOT the company for you. Heck, from where I sit, ********** should be embarrassed to have them as a sponsor.

By the way, I placed my order through Leisurepro.com and for the exact same price, I will have my merchandise by this Thursday. Maybe Scuba.com should take some customer service lessons from Leisurepro.com.

Thanks for letting me vent.