Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Leg Kicking

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by rubber chicken View Post
    Lottie, you can never be "too careful" Try equalising on every breath during your descent and at the first sign of trouble STOP descending, go back up a metre or so and try again. Like so many things, your body seems to get used to it after a while and it becomes easier over time.
    equalising on every breath...I'll try that when I go diving later on this week (can't get enough of diving now!!! )

Thanks again for all your help peeps
    Lottie

City
    Cottage Grove
    State
    MN
    Country
    US

Quote Originally Posted by lottie View Post
    Running and stretching I can handle (which reminds me, I need to go running again this weekend

Weightlifting...me???? you have got to be joking !!!!!!!!!!!
    Chicks with squat butt are hot!!!

City
    Cottage Grove
    State
    MN
    Country
    US

I use a "jet fin" (IDI Power Fin) which are really nice for the frog kick. I usually use the frog kick when very near the bottom or doing a swim through on a wreck or any other place I don't want to stir things up. Otherwise I use the typical flutter kick and those fins work well for that too especially in a current.

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Thumbs up

Frog kick is great for photography! A fluter kick will kill your video and make the viewer seasick! Frog kicks done right a very powerful and will take you a long way! I am not sure which one I use most? A frog kick is only done underwater by the way. So it is the same no matter your depth!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

City
    Phuket
    Country
    Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by rubber chicken View Post
    Lottie, you can never be "too careful" Try equalising on every breath during your descent and at the first sign of trouble STOP descending, go back up a metre or so and try again. Like so many things, your body seems to get used to it after a while and it becomes easier over time.
    This is exactly what I tell my open water students. Equalize on every breath until you get down to your "cruising" depth. Also, the healing process may have left your tissues a bit less stretchy than they were before, so take it slow. There is evidence that frequent divers have an easier time equalizing than occasional divers--perhaps the tubes become more pliant or something--so you can expect improvement over time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234