Thread: V-Weights?

City
    formerly So. Florida and missing it!
    State
    Washinton
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by seasnake View Post
    I add a v-weight when I dive doubles, not so much for bouyancy but for trim. I found the double steel tanks were always pitching me head first. A few pounds near the bottom of the tanks trimmed me right out and I felt much better.

I had the same problem, I went to steel 119's, problem solved! I refused to add weight for trim issues. It just messes with your buoyancy control, especially at the shallower depths (on deco.) Try repositioning the bands right to the crown of the tank. The thought that BamaCaveDiver had about the wing is a good one.

City
    Burlington
    State
    KY
    Country
    USA

Believe it or not I used to use a DR Superwing with twin 85's. Not because I needed that 70+ lbs of lift that the wing offered, but rather because it was designed as long tubes that trimmed out so much easier than the Classic wing I started off with (that one would stand me on my head regardless of how it or the cylinders were positioned.) With the Super wing, I just cinched the gussets down to streamline it as much as possible until I noticed that Oxycheq made a wing that was exactly what I needed.

City
    Eilat
    Country
    Israel

unfortunately I made the mistake of getting myself talked in to buying a Superwings Bladder, back then, i didnt know much about decompression diving and doubles.
    dont have the cash right now for a new smaller wing.
    do Use my fiance's Classicwing mostly when she isnt diving, she hardly does these days unfortunately.
    hrmm mybe this week we might get a deep dive done......... getting off the subject here, sorry.
    I have tried the DR RecWing and DualRec, find them very comfortable.
    only thing is the bungie's, good thing they are on the inside.

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I also have a Super Wing and feel the same way, but it is on ebay as we speak so I can get a smaller wing too. About the bungie's...well I know they are on the inside on purpose. That way they don't get hung up on anything.

City
    Sydney
    State
    Nova Scotia
    Country
    Canada

My bands are as high up on the tanks as possible, for sure. I don't think the few pounds of unditchable weight I added for trim will have an affect on whether I can ascend or not. But they made a 1000% difference in my trim and comfort!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123