Thread: V-Weights?

Hybrid View

City
    Eilat
    Country
    Israel

I have just started using a V-weight, it feels great, only thing is that the center of ballance changes and once you tilt to one side, the Vweight has a tendancy to turn you on your back, thats the only difference i have found. the weight is behind you and not at your sides and not pulling your head up and torso down, much better trim in my eyes since most of the dive you have to be horizontal. i find i am much more stable horizontally when working and taking pics u/w and that is important when it comes to working over corals.
    i like them

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

That's awesome, only you can really decide what works best for you. Like I said I tried tank weights myself and had almost exactly the same results as you did, however I hated the fact that I would get turned onto my back so easily. It made me feel really uncomfortable.

Funny though, because I always thought I would hate ankle weights. I thought that they would be uncomfortable and heavy and such. Well I tired a pair and now I am hooked. It is like my feet are always exactly where I want them and I don't notice they are even on unless I look(the weights not my feet).

Isn't it such a great feeling when you get some gear or skill down to just the way you like it! Then you know it is time to move on to the next skill or new gear. And that's what diving is all about!