Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
V-Weights?

Thread: V-Weights?

Hybrid View

City
    Eilat
    Country
    Israel

Default V-Weights?

what are your views about V-weights?
    good? bad? how so?

and

and

V-Weights are Bars of lead that fit behind our BP between our twins, they come to replace the standard weight-belts and pocket weight pouches.
    Last edited by Diverdaniel; 08-02-2007 at 10:54 PM.

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

What is it?

City
    Eilat
    Country
    Israel

edited the above

Country
    USA

I don't follow the current schools of thought, other than on CCR's, but I recall the days when I was 13 years old and I was the only one with a power inflator on my horse collar BC, every else had oral inflators so I was the cock of the walk.

So back in the thrilling days of yesteryear, the prevailing concept was the ability to ditch weights FAST. I just got rid of my 8lb SS backplate and am going back to adding 8lbs split between my existing 8 lbs of ditchable weights when diving dry.

The back mounted Inspiration rebreather's BC does not hold one's head very high out of the water.

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Well, it looks like a great way to get some of the weight in a more managable place. It is also a very ballanced position, right down the spine.

I suppose they would be great, is there a way to ditch them, or is it just a suplimental weight to be used along with other weights that can be released?

I tried using some tank weights, thinking they would be good, but all it did was make me feel unballanced in the water, so I removed them and added the weight back to my bc.

City
    Eilat
    Country
    Israel

they are nit "ditchable", i think tha main reason is to get as much weight as possible off our waist, although i would think one would never want to get rid of weights on a deco dive.
    also, provide a more ballanced center of ballance maybe?
    what are tank weights?