I agree with everything The Publisher said. Now there are other businesses out of NY and NJ that are legit as well, but there are many that are not 100%.

B&H are really good to deal with though. They really stand behind their products and only sell new in box from the factory, no referb, or stolen or grey market or anything like that.

As far as deciding on which cam to get, which you would think makes the most sense, decide on the housing first. The difference in cost between some housings can be insane....sometimes more than double! So I would say, find the housing you can afford and like first and then get the cam to match.

You can also consider renting a U/W cammera setup if it is not something you are going to use a lot or even just to see the equipment that is out there and how you like it. Most dive shops and operators rent this type of gear and many times they have a few different types of setups for you to rent.

Another option is to buy something used from another diver that is looking to upgrade. I see things for sale a lot up this way. My LDS has a bunch of used ones for sale, but everything they have in stock is film (Nikonis style).

I hope I helped, and if you have any specific questions let me know.