Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spam!!!

Default Spam!!!

I keep getting spam from this site. I've replied to the e-mails asking you stop sending them, yet I got another a few minutes ago.

Hello, Walter!

We've noticed that you've not been active on ScubaMagazine Forum for quite some time now, and we miss you!

Could we not tempt you back?

If you don't remember your password, you can request it here: http://www.scubamagazine.net/login.php?do=lostpw

We hope to see you soon

Kindest Regards

ScubaMagazine Forum
    Regardless of how long it's been since I last visited this forum or how long it's been since I posted here, I do not want your spam. Stop sending it.

Walter,

Those are periodic we miss you e-mails automatically send out just once a month.

If you go into your user control panel you can set it so you never get any reminder or any other types of e-mails from the administrator.

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

What an ______(<--put in your favorite name here.)!

Like someone forced him to join or give away his email address. That does not look ANYTHING like spam anyway.

What is his email address? Send it to me and I will make sure he gets LOTS of spam! So much he won't have time to write nasty comments here!

Calm down Ace, chances are he is over reacting. Probly had a bad day and this was a last straw post.

Besides if you are sending him so much that he won't have time to post... when will you have time to post here...
    "I have a cunning plan..."

http://www.eoara.org/Home.html

City
    Ft. Lauderdale
    State
    Florida
    Country
    USA

I don't think he's over reacting at all. I too have been getting these emails and have replied to them as well as to the site admin and have asked them to stop sending them but have not received any responce and the emails keep on coming. If someone had responded and told me how to stop them I would have gladly changed the settings because they annoying!

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

All you have to do is look at your settings and you can change it. It is not rocket science here people. I think the problem is people like to complain instead of doing anything for themselves.

City
    Ft. Lauderdale
    State
    Florida
    Country
    USA

Thanks Ace for that brilliant piece of psychological insite. You the man! I guess if I spent more time on this site instead of out actually diving then I may have known how to stop these reminders like you do.

I'm a member of 3 other scuba diving forums and non of those have ever sent me email reminders that I haven't visited the site lately. This is a new board and the folks here are trying to get and retain members by sending reminders to everyone that they haven't been here lately with no explanation as to how to turn them off. It may not be "Rocket Science" to you but a short explanation of how to disable these reminders contained in the email wouldn't be to much to ask for. As I said in my first post I have sent several emails asking how to turn it off but I received no response. If you don't want threads like this then explane to people how to stop the spam. I don't need a reminder to tell me that I haven't visited this site lately, I know I haven't been here in awhile and there is a reason for it, I actually dive instead of just talking about it.

Thanks to IDiverChick for the belated explanation.

Safe diving to everyone.

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

No problem, glad to help.

Anyway, I guess I am just lucky enough to get to dive and also check out the site!

Anyway, if you still can not figure out how to resolve the issue, let me know and I will email you instructions (hint: it is just as easy as writing a message complaining about the problem) By the way, great idea you have to include a link in the email to stop receiving the messages.

Anyway, I have to get ready for my dive, so see ya later.

If we posted an explanation somewhere in t he forum about how to turn off the ability for the Administrator to send auto email reminders once a month in the event that you have not visited the forum in over 30 days I can pretty much guarantee poeople wouldn't find it.

But, yes, that is a great idea about putting in a simple turn off admin e-mail explanation in the we miss you e-mail....we'll work on that right away.

City
    Corona
    State
    California
    Country
    United States

OK, On 3, ready.....one.....two.....three!!! Everybody Hug!!! Feel better! Turn the testorone down a bit boys. and let's try to play nice.
    I agree with Daddy-H20, and I never agree with anyone, probably just having a bad day and the SPAM just hit the last nerve. No need for name calling, and comparing Dive logs.
    Besides I like SPAM, Especially fried with eggs......
    PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SeaDog
    You Never Know What Lurks Below

http://www.myspace.com/twself

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast