Thread: Profile Info

City
    Boston
    State
    Ma
    Country
    USA

Default Profile Info

Its nice that we can see some profile info next to peoples posts, but a couple more bits of information would be nice, such as
    # of dives
    and # of years diving.

For example,
    did you know that acelockco has been diving for 18 years? I just saw that on his profile, but how many dives does he have? If acelockco and I disagree on some aspect of diving, if I were you, I would side with acelockco, I have 27 dives in one year, he has many more. It would be helpful to know that when reading posts.

just a thought....
    sounds like we need to gear up a teampaulc uberwagen and hit the highway in the sinister way that only a vehicle with a clown on it can -- warmeister

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Thanks, I appriciate the good words. Let me say that even though I know a pretty good amount, and I feel I even know more than I actually do, the fact is that I probablly don't know as much as I think I do.

Now, with that being said, I feel OLD. LOL

City
    Boston
    State
    Ma
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    Thanks, I appriciate the good words. Let me say that even though I know a pretty good amount, and I feel I even know more than I actually do, the fact is that I probablly don't know as much as I think I do.

Now, with that being said, I feel OLD. LOL

well, I just meant that STATISTICALLY......
    sounds like we need to gear up a teampaulc uberwagen and hit the highway in the sinister way that only a vehicle with a clown on it can -- warmeister

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I know what you were saying dude.

You do have a good number of dives under your belt for only diving for about a year.

City
    Boston
    State
    Ma
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    I know what you were saying dude.

You do have a good number of dives under your belt for only diving for about a year.
    We try to go out at least once a week for two dives, so they DO add up!

This past weekend was a wash, and now THIS weekend we are getting new zincs, transducer and a paint touch up, so we MIGHT miss this weekend too, but we might just squeeze in.

We are in Beverly MA, if you want to come dive with us, we always have good food! And beers (after the dive of course.... )

I don't care how many dives you have, if you can contribute to the discussion at hand all the better. I know far to many divers with large #'s that believe that by shear number of dives make a better knowledgable diver. I may be on the wrong side of this but some of the people I dive with are instructors, so if I have a question I feel I am not getting the best answer to, I ask them. Then bring it back to the board. It is surprising to find that most times the answer was there, just not worded correctly.

If it helps, I have 200 + dives, mostly fresh water dives and I have been diving for 8 years.
    Last edited by Daddy-h2O; 07-31-2007 at 08:31 PM.
    "I have a cunning plan..."

http://www.eoara.org/Home.html

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by kirwoodd View Post
    We are in Beverly MA, if you want to come dive with us, we always have good food! And beers (after the dive of course.... )
    Wow, I may take you up on that. You are about 6-1/2 hours away from here, but I was going to try to get to Maine sometime to do some diving. I could make a cool trip out of the deal. Head up the coast, stop in MA, then continue up to Maine, then drive back over to the Great Lakes, then back home.

I don't know when I will find the time, but I will let you know when I know.

Let me know what your schedule is like. I may be able to arrange a Finger Lake dive or two...
    "I have a cunning plan..."

http://www.eoara.org/Home.html

We read ALL your suggestions just to let you all know.

We gave some thoughts to the # of dives, and it is a double edge issue. For those with hundreds of dives and decades of diving, it is sort of nice to proudly display it. To those completely new, posting they have 5 dives is CAN be intimidating when your conversing with someone with 500.

You guys often have hundreds of dives and alot of us girls have 20. We're open to the idea, but we don't want to have any newbie feel intimidated or whatever.

We need some more input, w'ed like to hear from the girls too.

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-h2O View Post
    Let me know what your schedule is like. I may be able to arrange a Finger Lake dive or two...

There you go, now I could have 4 stops! I was talking to another diver this past weekend. He was down at my quarry for the weekend, but anyway he is from the Finger Lakes area and we got talking about the diving there of course. He said that the water is REALLY deep in places, way beyond rec. limits anyway. He also said the water was cool and clear, but with all of the clarity there is not much to see. He said the best thing he ever saw there was an old forest underwater. That sounds pretty interesting to me, but I am sure there is something better to see there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast