Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's diving where this weekend?

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Default Who's diving where this weekend?

This cold turkey is starting to get on my nerves

Anyway, just interested to hear whether anyone out there is diving this weekend and where...........???
    Lottie

City
    Warner Robins
    State
    GA
    Country
    USA

We are booked to dive the "Oriskany" this weekend.. Headed to Florida tomorrow morning and diving the "Mighty O" Saturday morning. Hoping to get in a couple Pensacola Night dives Saturday night and then dropping by Morrison Springs on the way home to dive and rinse the gear off. Should be a great weekend!!!
    **D**
    Dive Often, Dive Safe and Share Your Sport.
    My Website My Blog MySpace DiveBuddy
    Adopt a Manatee

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Can't wait to hear the dive report. I just booked some tix to florida. I am planning on diving West Palm Beach and then head to the Keys to see some of those huge wrecks.

HAVE A GREAT AND SAFE TRIP!!!!

I am diving at the quarry this weekend, better than no diving at all.

City
    Lexington
    State
    Ky
    Country
    USA

Default The Mighty O

Hey dale. ask some of the operators what the diving conditions are in January.
    A group of us like to go down to Fla in Jan to dive but last time when we were in Key Largo they were having what they call the 40 days of wind. And it usally came in from the east making some real miserable diving conditions!
    We ended up just going to the spring this year.

Taking the boat out and doing a few dives along the coast just south of Los Angeles.

I won't be getting wet until Aug 11th (I hope). Cape Fear Divers in NC are pretty sure there is space on the boat for me. It will be for a three tank dive. Two dives on the Meg Ledge, a place where many large fossil megladon shark teeth can be found. Then a dive on one of the many local wrecks.

I need to get on this dive to put my new camera through its paces before my Belize trip.

Registered Users
    City
    Fremantle
    State
    West Australia
    Country
    Australia

I am helping out on an OW course on Saturday in the Swan river. Saturday, I am working as rescue crew for a Whitewater Kayaking event. Winter weather has reduced me to only about 5 dives in the last 6 weeks.
    SSMD Diver.

Today is a good day to Dive.

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Did a dive in Sydney Harbour on friday night for the first time in nearly 2 months. Doing another one tomorrow morning somewhere if i can drag my ass out of bed.

Matt

City
    Warner Robins
    State
    GA
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    Can't wait to hear the dive report. I just booked some tix to florida. I am planning on diving West Palm Beach and then head to the Keys to see some of those huge wrecks.

HAVE A GREAT AND SAFE TRIP!!!!

I am diving at the quarry this weekend, better than no diving at all.
    Thanks all...

I just posted my Dive Report in this forum, new thread...

phlocker, I didn't see your request until tonight.. Sorry, didn't get to ask about January.. But, MBT Divers (www.mbtdivers.com) can answer any of your questions.. Those guys (and gals) are great..
    **D**
    Dive Often, Dive Safe and Share Your Sport.
    My Website My Blog MySpace DiveBuddy
    Adopt a Manatee

City
    formerly So. Florida and missing it!
    State
    Washinton
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post

Ace,

Palm Beach has some wrecks, but Pompano Beach/Ft. Lauderdale area has a lot of nice wrecks. I usually drive there to hit those wrecks. They then drop you on the reef for a nice drift dive, if you are into that. The Keys wrecks are all right, but a ton of novice divers on these deeper wrecks (Spiegal Grove, Duanne, Bibb, etc.) are really starting to create their own problems, and there are some rumblings about "tightening" up the over sight at these sights.

Did several dives (6) in the caves in North Fl. this weekend. There are some nice dives for the open water types up there. Swimming with the manatees are supposed to be a nice diversion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast