Hello All,

We are all aware of how dangerous the plastic six-pack holders are to the marine environment/critters. I, as you can tell from my handle, work in the food business as a Registered Dietitian in as major medical center in NYC, and as you can guess, we have lots of 'em. I am collecting them to keep them out of the water, but now I have no room in my office. Hospital is getting mad. What should I do with them (keep it clean!)

I want to set up some kind of program to get us all to collect them and make the count go towards something useful. I thought that we can make arrangements with a group that if we collect "X" number of them, or "X" number of pounds we can save a certain amount of underwater reefs, etc.

Any and all input will be appreciated. Let's face it: we all do this for the love of it. If we don't start protecting what we use, we won't have it for much longer. I want my girls (ages 4 and 13 months) to one day enjoy this sport like I do, and look forward to the day when they become my dive buddies.

Thanks again,

FD