Thread: "new" tank

Default "new" tank

Help! I just purchased a tank from a garage sale $40 I did not see a hydro or vis date on the tank. If anyone can help with ID'ing this tank I would appreciate it.
    CTC/DOD-3AL3000P639907Lluxifer04A92-S80.
    They also had some old double hose reg's and a Dacor reg 1st stage Balanced Olympic; octo Enduro; primary no name or #. they also had a Farmer-John wetsuit, gloves, and some weights.
    I did not buy any of the regs, wetsuit or gloves, or weights,but I left my # if he doesn't sell them today.

City
    Burlington
    State
    KY
    Country
    USA

Luxfer AL 80, manufactured in April of 1992, with a service pressure of 3000psi.

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Go buy the twin hose regs. They probably wont work but good collectors item.

Matt

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

And if you don't want the twin hose regulator, let me know. I would gladly send you the money for it. I have a place in my display case that it would look great in. Do you know how much he wanted for it? Really, let me know and I will transfer the funds to your paypal account if you have on or I can get you the money another way if necessary.

Ace

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    And if you don't want the twin hose regulator, let me know. I would gladly send you the money for it. I have a place in my display case that it would look great in. Do you know how much he wanted for it? Really, let me know and I will transfer the funds to your paypal account if you have on or I can get you the money another way if necessary.

Ace
    The guy was asking $200 ea for the two double hose reg's. I did talk him down on the tank I bought and had him separate the BCD from the Dacor regs. He was asking $200 for the two of them. I left him my # but he may have lost it I will go back there tomorrow to see if anyone is there.

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

If he is there, see if you can get his number and I will give him a shout. If you can't find him, no worries. I figured at a yard sale, the prices would be CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP. Yard sales are where you usually find those amazing deals.

Ace

sorry guy's I haven't been able to get hold of him. for the double hose reg's.