Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Wing?

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Thanks for all of the great info. I would take you up on that offer, but I doubt I would make the trek all of the way out there to dive. I am going to go to my technical dive shop this weekend to take a look and ask a few questions.

I just got invited to go out on a wreck dive this weekend, so I will be near that shop. I was on a waiting list and someone backed out!!!! Weheeewwhhh!

As far as switching regs and all the other things, no worries about task loading. It is cool, because it actually gives me something to do.

Now I don't think it would be an easy thing to hand up cylinders to dive boat crew. I am telling you, some days out there that ladder is a death trap. You have to really time your grab, because 1 second you are 8 feet below the boat grabbing the ladder, the next second you are completely out of the water holding on for life, until you get slammed down again. You have to make your way up the ladder the entire time this is happening. Of course your have all of your gear with you like your light, bag, treasure, etc to make things easier. It is not always like that, but it is like that pretty often.

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by amtrosie View Post

If you inflate the double bladder, you will see that both internal bladders can not fully inflate. This is due to the restriction of the external material covering. One bladder or the other can fully inflate, but not both at the same time.
    To my understanding this was the exact purpose of the system not to have twice the lift. It is redundant therefore your only going to need the secondary if the primary gets punctured or fails for some reason. If you need more lift either get a bigger wing or an entirely seperate wing and double the two of them up. Probably creates a lot more hassles but thats another story.

Matt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12