Well thank you papa, I couldn't agree more, great post. You have WAY WAY WAY more dives than I do. Buy anyway one victim is ALWAYS better than two. If you aren't trained and know how to deal with a situation you might have to watch someone die right if front of you. Just remember what papa said, it's your ass then anyone elses. Here's a very good example that happend recently. Two guys went out swimming in the middle of the night, one wasn't that strong of a swimmer in the ocean and shouldn't have been out there and the other was a pool lifeguard. He thought he could save his buddy, well he couldn't and they both ended up dead. By no means am I telling you not to try to help just DO NOT help if you don't know EXACTLY what to do because you might very well pay the ultimate price. Respect the ocean, lake, river, or what every body of water you are in and know your limits. If you're not comfortable or atleast in control of the situation something is wrong, and do something to fix that, like exiting.