Hello all,

Just wanted to introduce myself to the group. A former lifeguard and swim instructor, who was always about the water, finally decided on my honeymoon in Hawaii (it was supposed to be in Bora Bora but the airline went on strike) to try scuba. Obviously, 8 years later, I am still "Finding Nemo."

I eventually made it to Bora Bora the following year for my first anniversary and went shark diving in Moorea (no cage) and was certified (my wife says certifiable!) Another favorite dive was at Disney World's Living Seas in what they call "Dive Quest". It was fun toying with the people eating in the restaurant.

This is one great sport, but also one gear and money intensive one, unlike my other which is marathon running. As you can tell from my name 'fooddude', I am interested in food from the nutrition side (I'm a registered dietitian) as well as a certified personal trainer (I don't use much air, usally outlasting my instructors and divemasters- it's my best scuba skill). I plan on taking my AOW later thsi summer and then continue on towards divemaster. I want to be the best diver I can be.

Thanks for listening, maybe I'll see you in the 'Lost City of Atlantis'.

FD