Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
newbie here! from the Philippines! (sharing UW pics too)

Thread: newbie here! from the Philippines! (sharing UW pics too)

State
    Manila
    Country
    Philippines

Default newbie here! from the Philippines! (sharing UW pics too)

hello everyone, im a first time diver, new-born to the diving world. joining in by Ms. iDiveChick/Sarah's invitation. just wanna share some pics too from my very first dive, in Coco Beach, Puerto Galera, Philippines - the place was just sweet, amazing dive too... =)

comments and suggestions from the master divers/underwater photographers are very much appreciated!

thanks!

01. Coco Beach

02. Powdered Sands, Turquoise Waters

03. Golden Dusk

04. Picasso Triggerfish

05. Fishy fishy

06. Trumpetfish

07. Anemonefish

08. Another Anemonefish

09. Hard Corals

10. Soft Corals

11. Featherstar

12. Blue Starfish

13. The Dive

14. The Garden Under

15. The feeling downunder

Really cool pictures! Welcome George!

State
    Manila
    Country
    Philippines

thanks Sarah! appreciate the invite! posted these same pics into Mr Publishers review of Coco Beach, under the Philippine Paradise Divers' section...

Beautiful pics- thanks for sharing!

Default welcome

Welcome to scubamagazine!
    My first diving expierence was in Boracay, 2002. I got my PADI OW from Aquarius divers. It took me three years to get my wife to put her head under. She took her lessons locally, (Chicago area) and endorsed her OW dive through Action Divers, Puerto Galera. We are now spending one weekend a month, for the summer, diving locally, mostley Quarry diving. The water is not as clear as PG, or as warm, but it is diving.
    We are making plans for 2008 end of Jan. or Feb. to visit family and dive. We haven't decided on Bohol, Dumagete, Donsol, or returnig to Puerto Galera. We will go to at least two of these places, but only have three weeks. So much to see and do, so little time!
    Maybe we can get together when we are there.
    John and Needa

State
    Manila
    Country
    Philippines

Thanks John and Needa! Well, choosing between Bohol, Donsol, Dumaguete and Puerto galera is pretty tough, as each of them offer differing experiences. I, personally would love to try Donsol next, famous for the very gentle giants, the "Butandings" or whale sharks. Puerto Galera on the other hand is much more of a coral/critter-rich diving experience. I bet its really hard to decide which of these amazing places to go to!

Hope your plans of visiting push through, and yeah who knows we might get together, see you there! Cheers!