Thread: Scuba DivingTrip for the ....

City
    Manila
    State
    Philippines
    Country
    Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by Quero View Post
    Off topic.... sort of sorry, but not....

Anyway, LuAnn, when you went to Kanchanaburi, did you get to pet the tigers at the tiger temple? What a rush!

(mending my ways) Ahem, well, yes, Lu-Ann, there are places that have wi-fi around Phuket. I'm pretty sure we can find a hotspot for you to get your fix!
    Hi Marcia, we had to choose between the tiger temple and elephant rides through the jungle (incorporated a raft ride) -- opted for the latter (since half the day was taken up by visiting the bridge over the River Kwai and the train ride on the Death Rail, and the day before was all about Ayuthayya's ruins. See, I took your advise to see the provinces. Next, Phi Phi, Similan... (and so transitioning back to a marine theme )

So, I'll just keep watching this thread for dive-Thailand (or wherever Lottie's poll says) updates then
    Lu-Ann G. Fuentes rambles on at http://layas.blogspot.com
    "Today isn't any other day, you know." - Lewis Carroll

Registered Users

Default Red Sea

Red sea is great allover the year.

City
    Eilat
    Country
    Israel

Quote Originally Posted by The Publisher View Post
    Since there is a desire to dive in the Caribbean, the Philippines, Australia, Thailand, Indonesia, and Costa Rica, etc, I am up for going to and diving at each one of them!
    Hey, havnt been on in a while, got married a week ago
    i fully agree with Publisher on this one.

City
    Manila
    State
    Philippines
    Country
    Philippines

heeeeey, congratulations daniel! (you say congratulations to the man, right? best wishes to the bride? i'm never sure on that one ) destination wedding? seaside? underwater? (doing a marcia and linking it to the thread theme )

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Diverdaniel View Post
    Hey, havnt been on in a while, got married a week ago
    Mazel Tov
    Lottie

Quote Originally Posted by lottie View Post
    Mazel Tov
    you stumped me.... had to look it up

Mazal Tov (Hebrew: ??? ????) literally means "good fortune" in Hebrew. This phrase has been incorporated into Yiddish as "Mazel Tov," and is now used in Modern Hebrew and English as well. It is often used to mean "congratulations."

The expression comes from the Mishnaic Hebrew mazz?l, meaning "constellation" or "destiny." This in turn is thought to have derived from the Akkadian language manzaltu, mazzaztum, "position of a star," from izuzzu, "to stand." Adding the word tôb, meaning "good," a direct English translation would be "good fortune or destiny", or even "your constellation (or zodiac or stars) were good".

"Mazal Tov" is often said frequently and sometimes loudly at Jewish celebrations. The phrase is often used on the occasion of celebrations such as Bar or Bat Mitzvahs, weddings, or births.

Note that although "mazal" means "luck" in Modern Hebrew, "good luck" is an incorrect translation of the true meaning of the phrase. This term is not used in the way that the expression "good luck" is used in English (typically as "I wish you good luck"). It is more often an acknowledgement that good fortune has already occurred; the sayer means, "I am pleased this good thing has happened to you".

See how educated I am?! Either that, or I just copied and pasted all the above from Wikipedia! lol

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

I think you just copied that from wiki

But in essence it means Congratulations.

Oh and iDC - apart from mitzvahs, weddings and births - don't forget at a bris (now who's going to be the first one to find that one out)
    Lottie

City
    Manila
    State
    Philippines
    Country
    Philippines

When I hear Mazel Tov, the song from Fiddler on the Roof (which I watched as a child) swells up (the rabbi sang it in Tevye's dream sequence?)

Registered Users
    City
    Moalboal
    Country
    rp

Quote Originally Posted by lottie View Post
    I think you just copied that from wiki

But in essence it means Congratulations.

Oh and iDC - apart from mitzvahs, weddings and births - don't forget at a bris (now who's going to be the first one to find that one out)
    You must have a bit of a sinister/sadistic streak in you

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast