Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Scuba DivingTrip for the ....

City
    Sydney
    State
    Nova Scotia
    Country
    Canada

Although I don't think the idea of a group trip should be abandoned, that is a really good idea too.

City
    Phuket
    Country
    Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by rubber chicken View Post
    I think that, given the geographical distribution of the membership of this board, the chances of all getting to a single place on the planet at the same time are pretty astronomical!
    Therefore, I propose, as a temporary expedient, a distributed dive. Pick a single weekend and everyone of us goes diving at our favourite local spot and posts a report of it here. With photo's from those with cameras.

Just a thought!
    That's a great idea, but the actual live-the-experience-together idea is more applealing to me. We will almost certainly not be able to accommodate everybody's geographical wishes on just one trip, so here's a related idea:
    We hold several nearly simultaneous trips and post photos from each group for the others to see, à la distributed dive format. So one group dives in Asia, another in the Caribbean, another in the Great Lakes, a fourth in the Red Sea....

I guess I'm being idealistic here, but I guess I'm inspired by stuff like "live aid" concerts that take place nearly simultaneously in different parts of the world.
    Last edited by Quero; 09-27-2007 at 02:11 AM.

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

I hate to rain on anyones parade, but I have seen blind dates that sucked, and this one you would have no escape. I think you are better off going on a regular dive trip solo and hope for the best. On my last two live aboards we had a romance on both. The one last year lasted 6 months and they parted as friends. The one this year they are engaged! But they were regular dive trips with a mix of couples, Singles, and Solos. I think there is lest pressure and it is more comfortable than a singles only. With that you will end up with 80% guys or more and woman who feel put upon! If you go more relaxed it is much better, I have seen it happen!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Country
    USA

Since there is a desire to dive in the Caribbean, the Philippines, Australia, Thailand, Indonesia, and Costa Rica, etc, I am up for going to and diving at each one of them!

Registered Users
    City
    Fremantle
    State
    West Australia
    Country
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Quero View Post
    That's a great idea, but the actual live-the-experience-together idea is more applealing to me. We will almost certainly not be able to accommodate everybody's geographical wishes on just one trip, so here's a related idea:
    We hold several nearly simultaneous trips and post photos from each group for the others to see, à la distributed dive format. So one group dives in Asia, another in the Caribbean, another in the Great Lakes, a fourth in the Red Sea....

I guess I'm being idealistic here, but I guess I'm inspired by stuff like "live aid" concerts that take place nearly simultaneously in different parts of the world.

Now that is an even better idea!
    SSMD Diver.

Today is a good day to Dive.

City
    Manila
    State
    Philippines
    Country
    Philippines

So, where are we going again? lol

Quero, I just got back from Thailand (Ayuthayya, Kanchanaburi, Bangkok) with non-diving travelers and knew I had to come back for just diving. So, sure, I can help with the magic 10 number
    Lu-Ann G. Fuentes rambles on at http://layas.blogspot.com
    "Today isn't any other day, you know." - Lewis Carroll

City
    Manila
    State
    Philippines
    Country
    Philippines

Hi Marcia,
    I might as well say, you know how some travelers indicate that they're, say, vegetarian, or need a beach-front view or whatever else?

Mine would be...need wifi (so workmates from SoCal, Shanghai, and Manila -- as long as I'm responsive -- are lulled into the idea that I'm in my usual workstation lol)

Can you kindly factor that in for possible places-to-stay? (I have surfed for hotspots in Phuket but since you're the local...) I may be able to talk three more women into joining me too once package details are posted here? I'm OK with any of the months you recommended.

Thanks Lottie, for starting the thread

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by PinayDiver View Post
    Lu-Ann,
    It hasn't been decided as yet, where we're going - I started a poll a while ago to decide, which ends on the 1st November. So if you haven't voted - get voting
    Lottie

City
    Manila
    State
    Philippines
    Country
    Philippines

Hi Lottie:
    The poll isn't at the beginning of this thread?
    My vote is obvious though -- and only because I'm already in the Philippines and curious about what the diving is like elsewhere
    And plus Marcia offered her valuable organizational skills once we step off the tarmac (a big plus)
    Having said that, Indonesia is on my wish list too (maybe we can plan for a quarterly trip )

Quote Originally Posted by Quero View Post
    1) Best time of year: from 1 November to 1 May. My pick--Feb/March/April

2) Best sites: accessible from liveaboards to the Similans. Typically 4d/4n. But we can also do land based and have daytrip diving. We can dive for four days on day boats (2, 3, or 4 dive days) and not do the same site twice. We don't have dedicated dive resorts at Phuket.

3) Numbers: we don't need 10, but if we have that many, we can get cheaper deals (half charters, for example). However, with any number we can go. All kinds of price ranges are available from super budget to super luxe. You get what you pay for, in relative terms, though. Cheaper means shared bathrooms, for example, and no Nitrox fills.

City
    Phuket
    Country
    Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by PinayDiver View Post

Quero, I just got back from Thailand (Ayuthayya, Kanchanaburi, Bangkok) with non-diving travelers and knew I had to come back for just diving. So, sure, I can help with the magic 10 number
    Off topic.... sort of sorry, but not....

Anyway, LuAnn, when you went to Kanchanaburi, did you get to pet the tigers at the tiger temple? What a rush!

(mending my ways) Ahem, well, yes, Lu-Ann, there are places that have wi-fi around Phuket. I'm pretty sure we can find a hotspot for you to get your fix!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast