Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Scuba DivingTrip for the ....

I will guess we would have about a dozen separate people interested in going on a group trip so it become an issue of finding resorts that can accomodate that many individual rooms unless all you guys are ok sleeping with other men in the same bed.

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by iDiveChick View Post
    I will guess we would have about a dozen separate people interested in going on a group trip so it become an issue of finding resorts that can accomodate that many individual rooms unless all you guys are ok sleeping with other men in the same bed.

What are you talking about? You usually have a choice of 1 king/queen size beds OR 2 Twin size beds.

City
    Phuket
    Country
    Thailand

Default Twin sharing

This isn't as much of a problem here on Phuket as it's fairly easy to get rooms with twin sharing. Also, we could go on a liveaboard and score a discount for a group charter :-)

City
    Eilat
    Country
    Israel

Great Ideas all
    i would gladly help arrenge a dive trip in Eilat and the red sea, i can arrange a big dive-boat for a good price that has a deck lift to get out and in the water with a ramp similar to an air craft carrier ramp. cool thing.
    accomodation in EIlat, tech and rec dives. the lot. cruises to Sinai- and other oarts in the red-sea are also an option. let me know so i can plan

Anywhere sounds like a blast to me. Let me know where and I will be there. If lucky, the wet-sub I'm working on will be done and we could all play with it.

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Diverdaniel View Post
    Great Ideas all
    i would gladly help arrenge a dive trip in Eilat and the red sea, i can arrange a big dive-boat for a good price that has a deck lift to get out and in the water with a ramp similar to an air craft carrier ramp. cool thing.
    accomodation in EIlat, tech and rec dives. the lot. cruises to Sinai- and other oarts in the red-sea are also an option. let me know so i can plan
    Eilat and the Red Sea sound good - I've always wanted to go to Israel.

hmmm..maybe a few polls are in order....watch this space!
    Lottie

City
    Eilat
    Country
    Israel

an organised tour could also be arranged, Jeursalem, Dead-Sea, the Galillee. lots of places to go.
    Also, Petra in Jordan, Oh, we could also dive in jordan aswell. great sites there.

hrmmmm i gotta do some homework on this one.
    how long a trip in mind?

City
    London
    Country
    UK

Just started reading this thread, are the discussions still afoot?

As a suggestion, http://www.worldwidediveandsail.com for a Thailand liveaboard. I met them at the London dive show last year, nice people and also a trip with a bit of a difference, sailing to and from destinations on a decent sized and well equipped yacht, looks after the carbon foot print a little too :-)

I'd be interested in a trip at the right price to the right destination - not all that bothered by the Carribean though, would rather get to the Indian Ocean or Pacific.

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Bottlefish - welcome to the boards!

You are correct - discussions about a SMN group trip somewhere (not just for those that are single) is still going on.

I created another thread as a poll to ascertain where people would like to go and to narrow down the possibilities of where to go.
    Check out the link below.

group trip - location - Page 2 - ScubaMagazine.net Forum

I think most of us are interested in a trip at the right price to the right location, but do to the geographical challenge amongst us all, it's a bit of a issue to a.) getting a reasonable price b.) somewhere that is of interest c.) won't include too much travel to get there d.) and a whole host of other logistical issues.

HTH
    Last edited by lottie; 09-24-2007 at 12:31 PM.
    Lottie

Registered Users
    City
    Fremantle
    State
    West Australia
    Country
    Australia

Default A Distributed Dive ?

I think that, given the geographical distribution of the membership of this board, the chances of all getting to a single place on the planet at the same time are pretty astronomical!
    Therefore, I propose, as a temporary expedient, a distributed dive. Pick a single weekend and everyone of us goes diving at our favourite local spot and posts a report of it here. With photo's from those with cameras.

Just a thought!
    SSMD Diver.

Today is a good day to Dive.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast