Thread: Scuba DivingTrip for the ....

Hybrid View

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Thanks iDiveChick...thats most gracious of you

I think i might have problems getting flights....or maybe I'll be busy washing my hair...

But seriously...we (and I don't mean the royal 'we' either) could arrange something for beginning of next year.....if there are enough that are interested.....???? anyone????? someone????
    Lottie

I would be interested in going... can you keep me posted.

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by icedragon View Post
    I would be interested in going... can you keep me posted.
    Hey IceDragon, welcome to the boards.
    Do you have any suggestions as for where to go? or as Zero suggested, would Sydney, Oz seem appealing to you?

Ta
    Lottie

City
    Phuket
    Country
    Thailand

Default Thailand?

If a group would like to come to Phuket, Thailand, I can help with the local logistics. It would be a matter of deciding when and then everybody arranges their own flights. I can deal with airport transfers, local lodging, liveaboard booking, elephant rides (!) and other on-the-ground (water?) arrangements. The diving here is easy enough for all yet interesting enough even for the well-traveled, so it's ideal. Late winter/early spring is the best time here (Feb, Mar, Apr).

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Quero - Thailand would be a good place.
    One of my old work colleagues went out there a number of years ago and loved it.

Any other suggestions or would Thailand appeal to people?

What about time of year...Quero - what would be best? I'm thinking sometime in the 2nd half of next year??
    At least, if people are genuinely interested it gives everyone enough time to save up and book flights etc. (plus i'm going back to the UK in May for two weeks)
    Lottie

Quero,

I understand the best diving in Thailand is a live aboard to the Similians? What are land based dive resorts like?

Country
    USA

If our members want it we can arrange an official ScubaMagazine.net Group trip but we typically need at least 10 confirmed.

The best deals to be had are the Philipines but we can probably arrange for something with advance notice in Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Bali, Singapore, etc.

We'll be talking with some resorts in November at the DEMA show and see what we can plan out.

Anywhere sounds like a blast to me. Let me know where and I will be there. If lucky, the wet-sub I'm working on will be done and we could all play with it.

Registered Users

Default Red Sea

Red sea is great allover the year.

Registered Users

Smile coming home party

I'd be interested for the latter half of next year and Sydney would be fine but I am not picky. I am currently serving in Iraq but will be home in mid-july and am looking for some dive friends to celebrate with a coming home dive. i live in northern IL. and am looking to travel.