Registered Users
    City
    Charles Town
    State
    West Virginia
    Country
    USA

Ace-

ROFLMAO! So I bet that now you have a better idea of the water temps.

Yup, we will be tenting. I've been at work all day - I'm still at work - so I haven't had a chance to check with anyone else from the club. But we have a club meeting this Wednesday, and I'm going to see if anyone else is going to try to make it.

Mountain Dog
    It's not the destination, it's the journey.

Hey Ace,

How about Guppy Gulch?

And will Wabanks Aquaculture ever be back?
    "I have a cunning plan..."

http://www.eoara.org/Home.html

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I have never been to Guppy or Wabanks. I am willing to go on a little adventure to any of these places. I do know that there is Bainbridge Scuba, a quarry that is open. There is of course Dutch Springs which I am sure you know about.

There are a few other places near here as well, but I am really trying to get to some salt water. The boat dives in Jersey are costly though. I am thinking about some beach dives, but they may just be lame. Guess I will have to throw down some loot for the boat ride.

Wabanks maybe no more. It was a small part of a quarry on the east(?) side of Lancaster. I was there in '03 and shortly after they closed down because the quarry became active again.

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I have heard of it before, but I have not been able to find much info. on the place. There are also the "secret" spots throughout the state that some lucky or resourceful divers get to go to.

So you are in New York, have you ever been diving in any of the finger lakes? I was told that diving was allowed and that the vis was good and there was even some things to see.

I have done a few of the lakes. The Finger lakes are more about the geology then wrecks and there is stuff that can be seen.
    Lake Ontario and the St. Lawrence have some of the oldest and most intact wrecks known.

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I think Lake Ontario is within a reasonable distance to do a long 3-4 day weekend type trip. Is that somewhere you dive or have gone diving often? If you have any info. on whats going on there let me know. I am trying to set up something for a few of us down here in PA.

Also what's the deal with treasure hunting and artifact finding in the Great Lakes. I was told they have some strict rules there about that stuff.