Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: padi vs. sdi?

Hybrid View

Registered Users

Default Scuba agency

Any agency is only as good as its instructors, almost all agency have same training program

Registered Users

Default PADI vs SDI

When I first sat down in an SDI get to know us seminar a few years ago at DEMA, I thought WOW! This is the way PADI should be. The courses are similar and they do allow the instructor to teach beyond the basics of the course, as needed/deemed.
    Major difference, from an instructor perspective is SDI supports the instructor where the Professional Association of Dive Instructor show more support for the IRRAs, hense the name does not match the foundation of their bias.

As mentioned below, it really is the instructor that makes the course a good course, safe course, educational or a great course. You can tell by the attitude. If you wind up with an instructor with the I'm greater than god or I love me attitude, etc. be careful.
    As for the certification card, there are tons of certifying agencies around the world. Usually showing a cert is enough to get equipment or on a boat, but it is up to the operator.

How do you tell? Ask to take a discover scuba and see how the trainer is. It keeps your expenses low while scoping out the potential. Of course if you are or want to train in Florida, I will be happy to assist. With over 34 years of diving under my weight belt and experiencing the oops personally, have the experience and knowledge to be the worlds greatest instructor!!! Lol :-) Good luck on your endeavor.
    Lars

Explore, understand, protect
    "Let's go Diving"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12