Thread: land based for another 3 weeks....!!!

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Default land based for another 3 weeks....!!!

I know I mentioned about my ear problem on another thread, but can't seem to find it.

I went and saw the doctor this morning just to get my ear checked out and get the all-clear before I can dive again. He had a look and i've still got scarring on my ear drum. He's given me antihistamines (not sure why? - but maybe to keep my eustatian tubes clear) to take for the next three weeks and I can't dive during that time, can't swim and I still have to take a shower with cotton wool coated in vaseline over my ear to keep it dry....Oh, plus i have to stay away from loud music, so no participation in Carnival at all this weekend...(and its the finale as well)

So, I don't know whether I can dive after i've seen him in three weeks time or not...think i'm going to go and cry, look at my underwater pics again, re-read my OW manual and eat cold turkey.

*deep sigh*
    Lottie

City
    Burlington
    State
    KY
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by lottie View Post
    I know I mentioned about my ear problem on another thread, but can't seem to find it.

I went and saw the doctor this morning just to get my ear checked out and get the all-clear before I can dive again. He had a look and i've still got scarring on my ear drum. He's given me antihistamines (not sure why? - but maybe to keep my eustatian tubes clear) to take for the next three weeks and I can't dive during that time, can't swim and I still have to take a shower with cotton wool coated in vaseline over my ear to keep it dry....Oh, plus i have to stay away from loud music, so no participation in Carnival at all this weekend...(and its the finale as well)

So, I don't know whether I can dive after i've seen him in three weeks time or not...think i'm going to go and cry, look at my underwater pics again, re-read my OW manual and eat cold turkey.

*deep sigh*
    That really sucks Lottie. It is bad enough to live in paradise and not be able to dive, but to have to miss the finale of carnival, well that's just barbaric Seriously, I hope you get better soon so you can go back to enjoying life to its fullest.

Hopefully, you'll be back in the water in no time!

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Lottie,

I am also so sorry to hear the bad news. Dudette, you need to look into that pro-ear mask! I am telling ya!!!!

Anyway, about Carnival, get some ear plugs so the music and noise won't hurt your ears. You may actually enjoy the way it sounds better. I love going to concerts, and I always wear ear plugs. It takes away all of the sound that could hurt my hearing, plus it takes out a lot of the tinny trebble so the music sounds more equalized.

Anyway, that is why I don't like to go to the Doctor. If it was not for him, you would be diving.

Registered Users
    City
    Charles Town
    State
    West Virginia
    Country
    USA

Sorry to hear about the ear problems, Lottie. Abstaining from Carnival and diving is just a cruel double-whammy. But stay positive...this is just a short-term situation.

Hey, at least you don't live on a mountain in West Virginia, where winter keeps you from diving for months at a time.

Mountain Dog
    It's not the destination, it's the journey.

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Aaaw you guys are just great.

you know what...I was thinking about the pro-ear mask as I was driving home. Its starting to look quite appealing now (I think iDiveChick posted a link to it all somewhere)

As for the ear-plugs...that might be an idea. I think a whole group of us are going up on monday (as its a 90 min drive to Castries and they'll be no transport running), plus as i'm going to be outside on the streets, the music shouldn't be a problem as long as I stay away from all the speakers....hmmm....

Anyway, since my post. Something has happened that could be quite good and maybe dive related, but i'll tell you all on friday.... ;D
    Lottie

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Well it's friday - the 13th, I might add, but I've had some fantastic news. It's not 100 per cent finalised as such, and I've got to go back tomorrow to confirm that it's possible from their side and and sort things out.

But it looks as though I'll be doing an internship up to DM with my LDS....and I'm happy as anything....
    It was something that was in the back of my mind anyway, but i'm now getting bored with doing virtually nothing - oh its such a hard life living in the Caribbean LOL
    Last edited by lottie; 07-14-2007 at 12:00 AM.
    Lottie

City
    Burlington
    State
    KY
    Country
    USA

Well it's friday - the 13th, I might add
    Didn't anyone ever tell you that it is bad luck to be superstitious?

, but I've had some fantastic news. It's not 100 per cent finalised as such, and I've got to go back tomorrow to confirm that it's possible from their side and and sort things out.

But it looks as though I'll be doing an internship up to DM with my LDS....and I'm happy as anything....
    Sounds like a great opportunity opening up for you, I wish you well with.

It was something that was in the back of my mind anyway, but i'm now getting bored with doing virtually nothing - oh its such a hard life living in the Caribbean LOL
    Such a rough life, as Letterman would say, "I wouldn't give your troubles to a monkey on a rock."