Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Airline luggage weight strategies - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Airline luggage weight strategies

Registered Users
    City
    Oliva
    State
    Valencia
    Country
    Spain

Quote Originally Posted by littleleemur View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I've had my carryon weighed by British Airways. Had to take out a bunch of stuff and stuff it in my pockets.

Also the Security staff at La Guardia in NY (or rather the guy with the gun in camo standing behind them) has a problem with jewellery. I had to remove my earrings (little dangling 1" gold sticks fashionable a few years ago) and my pendant - a 1" gold disc) and mail it to myself because he said that they could be used as weapons....

Then I had go back through security again with everything emptied out on the table just to make sure I didn't hide them in the carryon.

What's next? Please remove your bra as you might try and hijack the plane with the 5mm hook closure on your bra?

Isn't power a wonderful thing.
    Give it to some moron and they can be guaranteed to use it in an inappropriate fashion!!!
    All this airport security is complete b*****ks. There are easier ways to get stuff on board if you really want to blow up a plane.

Registered Users
    State
    TX
    Country
    US

Default Wow......

Quote Originally Posted by allisonfinch View Post

This is my carry-on. It fits in the overhead, but it weighs 45 LBS!!! Don't let anyone at the check-in counter see it. If they do, they will want to weigh it and you're screwed.

Allison, How do you keep them from seeing it if you're traveling solo?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123