State
    CA
    Country
    United States

Default Ammonia in tank?

http://www.ksby.com/Global/story.asp?S=6759981

Scuba diver rescued after sudden surfacing

Associated Press - July 8, 2007 5:54 PM ET
    SAN PEDRO (AP) - Helicopters rescued a scuba diver whose equipment malfunctioned while he was 220 feet underwater off the coast of San Pedro.
    The diver was 10 miles off Cabrillo Beach when he noticed an ammonia taste in his air supply around noon today.
    The diver was sickened by the bad air, surfaced quickly and was treated by paramedics.
    A Los Angeles Fire Department helicopter took the diver to Catalina Island where the University of Southern California operates a hyperbaric chamber at its research center.
    Divers who come to the surface too rapidly can develop the bends and must be placed in pressurized vessels to decompress slowly.
    The diver was expected to make a full recovery.

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Wow, that sounds bad.

Glad to hear he is going to be ok! I wonder how all that went down. Please anyone that knows more info, please chime in.

Didn't even hear about that but I have a few contacts that I might be able to get a little more info from because the news story was pretty vague.

Couldn't find any more info about it but I was told that another more tragic event occured on one of the channel islands. Not sure which one but a diver's body was recovered from one of them.

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

All of these stories, but no real facts to back them up. Lets get the real stories, I want to see links to newspapers and such. Otherwise it is all a fish story.

Not that I don't believe any of it, it is just pointless unless we know the truth, the whole truth and nothing but...well you know.