Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Texas

Smile Hello from Texas

Hi everyone!

My name is Ken and I am from North Central Texas, or what's left of it. It's beginning to dry out now after all the rain, but it still has a little ways to go. The lakes and rivers are almost all over their banks and the water is extremly yucky, so there won't be much diving for awhile, but I'm hoping to go again really soon.

Hello Ken, welcome to the SMn Community!

Thank you!

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

G'day and welcome aboard Ken. Sounds like your having the same weather as we are at the moment.

Matt

Cheers, Zero!

Welcome from South Texas (SA). And I hear you about the rain, bro. We finally got a chance to dive Sunday...no viz, but it beat sitting at home watching my dive gear age. How are the bugs up your way?

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaTexan View Post
    Hi everyone!

My name is Ken and I am from North Central Texas
    How are you doing Ken, nice to have you here.

We had a bunch of rain a month or so ago. It was raining hard every day for like 2 weeks. The visibility was so bad, but after the rain was gone for a week or so the vis. cleared up to even better than before the rain started. So we'll keep our fingers crossed that you get the same luck.

Don't worry much, the summer just started!

Quote Originally Posted by Carp_dm View Post
    Welcome from South Texas (SA). And I hear you about the rain, bro. We finally got a chance to dive Sunday...no viz, but it beat sitting at home watching my dive gear age. How are the bugs up your way?
    If by bugs you mean insects, they're as irritating as always and beginning to surface out of the ground again. Then again, if you mean the crawfish-type, I don't know how they're doing this year. I haven't gotten to do much diving for them lately.

The rain has really driven the insects out and up as they seek shelter. There is a high concrete lot near where I live that I happened to cross yesterday with crickets and tarantulas all seeking high ground. I think we may soon pass Alaska in terms if mosquito populations.
    Last edited by Carp_dm; 07-11-2007 at 12:22 PM.

City
    Burlington
    State
    KY
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by Carp_dm View Post
    The rain has really driven the insects out and up as they seek shelter. There is a high concrete lot near where I live that I happened to cross yesterday with crickets and tarantulas all seeking high ground. I think we may soon pass Alaska in terms if mosquito poulations.
    Ah, the sound of mole crickets and tarantualas popping under the tires as you drive down a lonely road at night, now that is Texas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast