Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What is your dream dive destination? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is your dream dive destination?

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by lottie View Post
    I'm the same. Hopefully next week I can get the doc to check my ear out and give me the all-clear for diving again, then there'll be no stopping me.
    How about we swap for a bit while you cant dive? Beats having clear warm water at your doorstep when you cant use it. Had a report that today was murky and 15 degrees so you should be fine keeping clear of it.

Matt

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by lottie View Post
    I'm the same. Hopefully next week I can get the doc to check my ear out and give me the all-clear for diving again, then there'll be no stopping me.

As for dream dive destinations - Apart from the Caribbean, I wouldn't mind doing the GBR again (and get a bit further down than 2foot and not with a cattle-boat). I can't (read:won't) do cold-water diving....I'm a warm water freak

Lottie
    Lottie,

Have you thought about that new mask with the ear-muffs attached to them. There is a tube that runs from the mask to the ear-muffs so you don't have to worry about equalizing or getting your ears wet. I saw a diver using one when I was diving in California, she said she had all kinds of ear problems. With her new mask with ear-muffs she said she never had a problem.

Right now I am dreaming, and working towards some wrecks in Lake Ontario.
    "I have a cunning plan..."

http://www.eoara.org/Home.html

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Cheers for that ace... I cant imagine myself wearing earmuffs (i take it you don't mean the fluffy kind that you wear when out in cold weather? LOL

I think I'll just have to see how it goes. If i get further ear problems, I might have to seriously consider it :S
    Lottie

City
    Burlington
    State
    KY
    Country
    USA

Do you regularly use an ear wash before and after your dives Lottie? We use a concoction we call ear beer that is basically equal parts alcohol and white vinegar (the alcohol dries the passages and the acidic vinegar kills the nasties.) I have known a few folks that were prone to ear problems and had great results using this mixture both before and after their dives. I always use it after a dive, and anytime I am going into darker water (river caves, sumps, etc.) I will use it prior to the dive. It might be worth a try to avoid any future prolonged SI's.

As mentioned, there is a new way to deal with those who simply cannot get their ears wet.

Click here

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

That's the mask I was talking about! I saw some girl using one, she had all kinds of ear problems normally. She said she had no problems with that one. I wish I would have asked her more about it.

I loved Raja Ampat, but not sure if I want it to be one of the "repeat" dive trips. Been to PNG many times and plan to go many more times. Liked Bali OK. But I would go back to Lembeh Straits in a heartbeat!! Where else could you see a "beauty" like these???

or

Or

I just love them froggies!!!

City
    Sydney
    State
    Nova Scotia
    Country
    Canada

Well ... I don't get out much ... lol Majority of my diving is close to home. I love diving where it's warm though ... As far as a dream destination, I don't think I've seen enough places yet to make it matter. Everywhere is cool to me! Antarctica would be awesome. I don't think it gets any colder water temps there than we get here in the winter ... And we don't really do anything special to dive here other than drysuits and a lot of whining and complainingl ... :P

Registered Users

Raja Ampat and PNG for sure...but most of all atm I'm dreaming of diving Komodo....for the excitement above and beneath the surface..ohhhhh I hate being a student and having no money!!
    Has anyone dived around Komodo?
    xx

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast