Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your dream dive destination?

Default What is your dream dive destination?

Thought I would open this conversation so we can all dream a little! It might be interesting to hear where everyone would like to go if they had the choice to go anywhere.

What is the dive destination you want to go to the most, and why?

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Anywhere at the moment. Ive been out of the water for a month and im getting too dried up. The weather down heres been shocking and weve had a lot of the much needed rain thats been long overdue. Unfortunately the runoff from it has turned the water a murky shade of chocolate so going to the pub has been a better option lately.

Matt

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Anywhere there is water is good for me! I am willing to try diving just about anywhere.

My dream destination would have to include a dive boat and a dive shop on the water somewhere. With my living space upstairs so I could eat, breathe, and s**t diving.

Ace, just don't try to excrete a lionfish or a stonefish.

I think my dream dive destination would be Papua New Guinea or maybe Bali.

City
    Warner Robins
    State
    GA
    Country
    USA

Palau is at the top of my list right now. Just because of all the videos and pictures I've seen from there. It seems amazing...
    **D**
    Dive Often, Dive Safe and Share Your Sport.
    My Website My Blog MySpace DiveBuddy
    Adopt a Manatee

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

My dreams were a bit better last night and the 2 places i narrowed it down to are Bikini Atoll and the Marshall Islands in general or Antarctica. One you have mankind at his worst with all the destruction (and some great wrecks) then you have pretty much the exact opposite with one of the last untouched wilderness areas. Im not one for extremely cold temperatures but i think that would be a worthwhile sacrifice to make just to get down there and have a look. Having only seen snow 3 times in my life it would sure be different as well.

Matt

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Wow Zero,

Only have seen snow 3 times? When I first saw your avitar and photos on myspace, my impression of you was that you were made for snow. It must be the vast amount of facial hair, you know for protection from the snow.

Anyway, if you can take the cold so can I, so you have a dive buddy if you do ever get up there. I am sure we would need some seriously special equipment. I don't know any regulator that will be able to handle that type of cold.

I am thinking we will also need to put some type of heating system in our dry suits. Oh yea' some full face masks, I don't want my lips to freeze!

City
    Phuket
    Country
    Thailand

Default The "four kings"....

.... Raja Ampat is in my dreams.

I've been desperate to go there, and was offered a great price on a LOB with Michael Aw's group last year, but still couldn't afford it

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    Wow Zero,

Only have seen snow 3 times? When I first saw your avitar and photos on myspace, my impression of you was that you were made for snow. It must be the vast amount of facial hair, you know for protection from the snow.
    Yep while we do have bigger snow fields than the Swiss Alps we are very lax in altitude (just over 2000m is the highest mountain) and only have a short season. As for the beard it works great keeping the sun off

Anyway, if you can take the cold so can I, so you have a dive buddy if you do ever get up there. I am sure we would need some seriously special equipment. I don't know any regulator that will be able to handle that type of cold.
    Looking at the end of 08 start of 09 for a trip. Probably out of S. America as its the shortest travel so more time down there but a hell of a long trip from here to there to start it.
    Any envirnomentally sealed cold water reg should work as long as you dont breath off it before your in the water.
    I am thinking we will also need to put some type of heating system in our dry suits. Oh yea' some full face masks, I don't want my lips to freeze!
    Yep i was thinking whiskey but i dont think it would be warm enough and i would like to be able to remember the diving. Drysuits dry gloves dry hoods and a FFM might be the way to go as the water is a balmy -2 degrees C

Matt

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Anywhere at the moment. Ive been out of the water for a month and im getting too dried up.
    I'm the same. Hopefully next week I can get the doc to check my ear out and give me the all-clear for diving again, then there'll be no stopping me.

As for dream dive destinations - Apart from the Caribbean, I wouldn't mind doing the GBR again (and get a bit further down than 2foot and not with a cattle-boat). I can't (read:won't) do cold-water diving....I'm a warm water freak

Lottie
    Lottie

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast