Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
Wow Zero,

Only have seen snow 3 times? When I first saw your avitar and photos on myspace, my impression of you was that you were made for snow. It must be the vast amount of facial hair, you know for protection from the snow.
Yep while we do have bigger snow fields than the Swiss Alps we are very lax in altitude (just over 2000m is the highest mountain) and only have a short season. As for the beard it works great keeping the sun off

Anyway, if you can take the cold so can I, so you have a dive buddy if you do ever get up there. I am sure we would need some seriously special equipment. I don't know any regulator that will be able to handle that type of cold.
Looking at the end of 08 start of 09 for a trip. Probably out of S. America as its the shortest travel so more time down there but a hell of a long trip from here to there to start it.
Any envirnomentally sealed cold water reg should work as long as you dont breath off it before your in the water.
I am thinking we will also need to put some type of heating system in our dry suits. Oh yea' some full face masks, I don't want my lips to freeze!
Yep i was thinking whiskey but i dont think it would be warm enough and i would like to be able to remember the diving. Drysuits dry gloves dry hoods and a FFM might be the way to go as the water is a balmy -2 degrees C

Matt