Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
How often do you dive? - Page 2

View Poll Results: How often do you go diving?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Only on Vacation/Holiday

0 0%
  • Only on weekends

0 0%
  • At least once a week

4 26.67%
  • A few times a month

9 60.00%
  • It's part of my job

2 13.33%
  • Very occasionally

0 0%
  • Not very often

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How often do you dive?

City
    Sydney
    Country
    Australia

try and get in 2-3 times a week

My diving comes in waves... I might go two or three weeks without diving and then I'll log 20-30 dives in two weeks.

Diving is like money. No matter how much you have, you could always use a little more.

City
    formerly So. Florida and missing it!
    State
    Washinton
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by CrackedConch View Post

Diving is like money. No matter how much you have, you could always use a little more.

Diving = money

no money, no diving

lots of money, lots of diving.

City
    Clitheroe
    State
    Lancashire
    Country
    Born Scotland / Live England

I dont really fit any of the poll choices. I live in a land locked area but still dive on holiday/vacation (approx 50 dives a year) but I've dived 3000+ times in 15+ countries.
    This year I've only dived 20 times off 2 continents
    I'd love to dive all year round but I've got other hobbies too.

City
    Reading
    State
    Berkshire
    Country
    England

Default Number of dives a year.

Unfortunately, we only dive when we go on holiday - too cold in the UK + its expensive. However, when we are on holiday the whole family dive and we normally dive every day (once or twice a day) for the whole two weeks!

City
    Ottawa
    Country
    Canada

In the summer, we dive at least 3 times a week. We do slow down in the winter though. We will dive at least one of the weekend days, sometimes two.

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

100 to 125 times a year, I am getting older and slowing down This year I ended up with 112 because of a cyclone! Oh well!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

City
    Reading
    State
    Berkshire
    Country
    England

Gosh some of you are living in the water! Must have warmer waters than the UK! lol Oh to be able to dive once a month would be great!

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Bubbles,

You need to look into a dry suit. The water where I live is very similar in temp. to the water where you live. Having a dry suit turns that cold water into a comfort level similar to sitting on your couch in a warm pair of sweat pants.

City
    Reading
    State
    Berkshire
    Country
    England

I have thought of the possiblilty of doing dry suit before but as someone who STILL struggles sometimes with buoyancy even though I have been diving 6 years I am concerned it may just complicate diving for me. I have heard horror stories of people shooting to the surface foot first when wearing a drysuit - although I realise that people love to scare others with such, possibly very rare, stories!

My problem when I dive always comes towards the end of the dive when the tank lightens. I used to have problems sinking and kept putting more weight on to deal with this but then divemasters insisted on taking it off me again. I overcame the sinking problem simply by changing my fins. When I first qualified I had so much problem with cramps in the sole of my feet that someone suggested force fins but they are just too bouyant. I now have split fins which I love and I am a lot better at sinking but this has led divemasters to take more weight off me and then at the end of a dive I find it incredibly difficult to stay down, especially in safety stops! If you or anyone else has any advice I would be greatful. One reason could be that since I only dive on holiday, I do not get enough practise in between - I often feel like a beginner again at the beginning of a holiday!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast